update needed for Barrie and Muskoka

4mysled

Thinking of taking my little guy out for one last kick at the can. He has a PD day Friday, would really like to go for final run. Can someone provide an update for Barrie and Muskoka. Hopefully Barrie would be a good opportunity, less drive time in the truck, my 5 year old gets bored very quickly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4my

The trails around the Sno Voyageurs area are still holding up...but the roads are toast! This is probably the last weekend - so if you can get out - doo it! You could drop at the Sno Voyageurs clubhouse and take a spin around the trails here - not too much road to ride thank goodness.

Thanks for the info. That is what I was hoping to do. I was thinking of heading up to Penatang along the rail bed, and or maybe do a couple of the 4 series trails. I just want to take a very easy ride for the last of the season..

Thanks again.

4my

Your welcome 4my - have a great ride. Pics would be nice too ;) The rail bed is always a good choice - you don't have to worry about road riding - just warriors - be careful!

Probably won't even have to worry about warriors.My wife and I did that run last sunday afternoon from just past Craighurst.B to 416 to C up to almost Midland and came back down C to 415 back on 416 to B and on the trailer.We passed 6 sleds in total,all seemed to have one thing in common- having an easy ride.Hope to do it once more this weekend.

Kerry

Probably won't even have to worry about warriors.My wife and I did that run last sunday afternoon from just past Craighurst.B to 416 to C up to almost Midland and came back down C to 415 back on 416 to B and on the trailer.We passed 6 sleds in total,all seemed to have one thing in common- having an easy ride.Hope to do it once more this weekend.

Kerry

Thats always a fun loop , you get a taste of everything !

sorry for the late update, we went out about noon on Friday. The club house was empty except for one other team of 3 guys. My son and I took off up the B103 and veered off on the 414. The trails around the club house and in the bush were mid season conditions. Once we got to snow valley road, the trail on the road side was bad, but passable. This is how the whole trail system went from good to bad to ugly. Anyway, we took the 414 over to the B trail, great section, took the B up to the 416, another very good portion of the ride, there were some bare patches and muddy areas. Took the 416 back to the C trails. Once again the trails in the bush and even in the open fields were great, but anything beside a road or on the roads were bad. The trails along the sides of the roads were very wet, and had lots of water on them, but again passable. Then there was the road ride portion of the ride, I think it is base line road. Pure mud, but if you took it slow and easy it was passable. Once we got onto the C we went up to Wyevale and got a snack at the jug city. We then turned around and headed back to the club house. The rail bed was very good considering the hot sun. No rock but a few bare spots, small bare spots. The worst area of the C trail was going through Elmvale and the works yard, all mud and a lot of rocks. Back towards the B everything was good. The groomer had just went by and the trails were in good shape. The closer we got to the club house the more bare spots there were. Some were pretty bid, The trail portion along snow valley road was rougher than when we had left. There were some pretty big water holes. We did about 60 miles and saw a total of 6 sleds, the 3 were at the club house and passed us on the way out and past us on the way in. 2x3=6. It was a great day all in all, it was very passable and IMO the Sno Voyageurs it was on the best. The trails even this late in the season were groomed and were in great shape. I met the president of MOST while loading up at the club house and he had mentioned to me that they were closing down the trails system this coming Monday. My carbides are shot, but I am not sure if it was this run or Doonut's run, but they needed replacing anyway. I would post pictures but I have been running around a little much, I will try later to post.

Glad to here you got out for a last time.The conditions were much the same last weekend so they held really well.We were hoping to make a run again there this weekend but it didn't come to pass.Walking along the Orillia waterfront this afternoon I looked out onto cooch and figured that the stakes would probably go this week.For most I think the swan song was 2 weekends ago.I'm gonna miss it till next year but there's always the boat and fishin' to get me thru till then.

Kerry

Glad to hear you had a good end of season ride 4my - at least you were able to get the little guy out one last time. I personally wouldn't have gone as far north as you did past Elmvale - the Sno Voyageurs trails are always better - especially when the conditions are getting thin. The 417 runs right behind my house and still has a fairly good base - but the roads around here are most certainly toast! Nice thing about riding this area is that there are few (if any) rocks to worry about (I'll bet Reved could find one for you though) :poke: So even if the base is thin - it's still pretty good riding. Time to put the sleds away I guess. Warmer temps and rain is forecast for today and the rest of the week....whatever base is left will be most likely gone. Until next year...................................

Archived