Bancroft - Renfrew - Bancroft in 2 days?

monte1214

On the ITP round trip shows around 550kms (give or take) 

Looking at running the "main" trails, but wondering what to expect for trail conditions?  (Railbeds, Bush, Forest Access, Tight bush)

Hoping to make it (easily) to Renfrew on Day 1 via Whitney, Barry's Bay, Golden Lake, Eganville, then back down through Calabogie, Plevna, McArthurs Mills and into Bancroft.   

Any suggestions???

Hi Monte,

I did Calabogie to Whitney / Barrys Bay (Spectacle Lake) last week. Calabogie to Bancroft is a mix of hydro line, forestry roads and tight bush trails. The tight bush trails are mostly E trail from Hwy 41 through to the heritage trail just short of Bancroft. Bancroft to Lake St. Peter and up to Whitney and over to Barrys Bay is mostly rail bed.

About 300 km from Calabogie to Barrys Bay.

Trails were absolutely mint. That was last Friday and Saturday. Cheers

Thanks for the reply Sledzz, good to hear!   

We've actually ran the Bon Echo loop out of Bancroft before, and have gone as far east as Eganville.

Couple of things though....what's it like from Calabogie up to Renfrew and over Eganville? (If you've done it?)  

Also, how long was your ride time last weekend?  

Our ride time from Calabogie to Barrys Bay was about 7 hours. It is just my wife and myself, no crazy speed just steady. From Calabogie to Renfrew it is railbed and wouldn't take long at all. Been a while since I did that run but would be less than an hour.

Thanks Sledzz!

I was up to Eganville on Sun', E101 & E102 between Denbigh & Eganville (along Hwy 41) looked to be in good shape. B102 west of Killaloe (along Hwy 62) was OK, but spots looked like it had been groomed w/ a grader. Snow was thin in spots.

Thanks Revrnd. 

Archived