PSSD Clubs need your support!

lakejoe

The point is that many ride here primarily yet buy their permits elsewhere. Just buy where you ride most.

We have quite a number from our club and even a good number of our active volunteers that have cottages/camps throughout cottage country, they buy 1 permit from us, and multiple more from clubs around their vacation property. I know not all do it, but it does happen and judging from the OP's info, they do the same.

I have no problem with educating people with how to decide where to buy a permit, I do however have a problem with approach, lack of knowledge and false information. It takes 1 post like that and a bunch more un knowledgeable people to read it and run with it. Sometimes it is better to ask questions, see how the system works, then offer an opinion.

I have had my heart in this for 34yrs now and its comments like this that are driving the die hards away from giving there time anymore....we have built the system for the province of ONT not just the busiest area as u call it( I call it the red carpet area)......why is it the busiest area???.......yes I have a camp in the area to just a little North Britt but and have the same opportunity as u but why dont I ride there? We have 34000km now ...down from 46000km a few yrs ago....217 active clubs and 5000-7500 active volunteers and some are willing to throw them under the bus just so we have trails in the busiest areas......come on its now just about me me me......maybe its time to get involved up there since u take the time to drive/ride the area.....maybe its time to cut back some of the trails/grooming up there to make ends meet......The OFSC listened to what the peeps wanted cheaper permit (IMO the permit should have stayed or increased) but anyway we are going thru some tough times and growing pains with the new agenda etc.....all groomer's had fuel in there tanks last yr,all groomers that broke got up and going asap last yr,to me thats a step in the right direction....yes there is going to be hurdles to get over yet but we have to think of the whole province....If mother nature blesses us with another great season try riding from home to the cottage its a fun ride..  :cheers:

We have quite a number from our club and even a good number of our active volunteers that have cottages/camps throughout cottage country, they buy 1 permit from us, and multiple more from clubs around their vacation property. I know not all do it, but it does happen and judging from the OP's info, they do the same.

I have no problem with educating people with how to decide where to buy a permit, I do however have a problem with approach, lack of knowledge and false information. It takes 1 post like that and a bunch more un knowledgeable people to read it and run with it. Sometimes it is better to ask questions, see how the system works, then offer an opinion.

It seems like pure and simple economics to me.

I'm just one guy. Thousands of others have decided to make these areas ("red carpet" or not) the busiest in the province. I wonder what they would all say if they could be part of the conversation after they spend the money to trailer up, pay for accommodations, eat at the restaurants, etc, and the trails are in rough shape. I guess the answer is "Sorry, we perceive more value in being able to boast about 34,000km and 217 active clubs. Have a safe drive back home!".

I do get involved when I can, but this isn't a debate about volunteering, although I understand the attraction to devolving the conversation to complaining about that... it's the easy answer: Don't like something? Volunteer more! Volunteering doesn't put money in the bank for fuel, wages, equipment maintenance, special projects, etc.

50% of the reason I bought a cottage in the area was for snowmobiling. I love snowmobiling.  If there's a lack of knowledge, please enlighten me... but if you don't agree with the opinion, that's fine, just call it what it is.

Cheers!

Archived