TWN strikes again!

Fred Quimby

Checked in with the old TWN...they never fail to amuse!! The forecast on their website with the goofy snowflake pictures says about 1cm to 5cm's of snow for Haliburton, yet the excerpt below says a whole lot different. Two very different stories!! Good for a laugh!

From TWN....

KEEP IN MIND THAT THE SNOWFALL DURATION WILL BE ABOUT 36 HOURS BUT THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL BE SATURDAY AFTERNOON INTO THE EVENING. STORM TOTALS WILL LIKELY BE 30 TO 40 CENTIMETRES ALONG AND EAST OF A LINE FROM ST THOMAS TO BARRIE THEN TO PETAWAWA. THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR 40 TO 50 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW OVER THE NIAGARA PENINSULA AND PARTS OF HALIBURTON HIGHLANDS INTO PEMBROKE. AREAS WEST OF THE ST THOMAS TO PETAWAWA LINE SHOULD SEE BETWEEN 10 TO 20 CENTIMETRES WITH LESSER AMOUNTS NEAR LAKE HURON AND GEORGIAN BAY. WITH THE WARM FRONT JUST TO THE SOUTH OF THE ST LAWRENCE VALLEY THEY MAY EXPECT ICE PELLETS SATURDAY AFTERNOON. BEHIND THIS SYSTEM STRONG NORTHERLY WINDS TO 70 KM/H ARE LIKELY

The best part is that they can't even get the current conditions right. They are calling for 1cm for the remainder of the day, even though we are getting more like 1cm every half hour. 8-)

A window might help them ! They must have access to weather radar etc.Understaffing can be the only reason.

I don't know about the other side of the tracks...but I'm sure that we've had more than 5 cm in the last hour!!!

About a foot total on this side of the tracks.

img4337jn3.jpg

By the way, which one is the good side, and which is the bad? ;)

UMMMMM...I think that depends on what day of the week it is, doesn't it?

Mossy says there was at least a foot in the driveway...he just got it cleaned out now...still snowing a bit, but it's mostly done.

sled running yet ?

Mossy says there was at least a foot in the driveway...he just got it cleaned out now...still snowing a bit, but it's mostly done.

sled running yet ?

Tomorrow!

sled running yet ?

Tomorrow!

Cool happy trails!

Well....here's my take on TWN!

Yesterday TWN says 10-15cms on the website..........we got between 30-40cms I think!!! Today it says Clear and Sunny - no snow - We are in the middle of a snowsquall as I type this! :shock: The Hot Tub Snow Gauge is almost burried!

Not that I'm complaining or anything :Dcool0012.gif

Well....here's my take on TWN!

Yesterday TWN says 10-15cms on the website..........we got between 30-40cms I think!!! Today it says Clear and Sunny - no snow - We are in the middle of a snowsquall as I type this! :shock: The Hot Tub Snow Gauge is almost burried!

Not that I'm complaining or anything :Dcool0012.gif

got to hate it when that happens :D

Archived