Mermaid island honey harbour

Rich

Hi all,

Bought a cottage on mermaid last year and just bought a snowmobile. I'd like to go out to the cottage but am inexperienced with sledding in the area. The cottage faces little beausoliel and we boat out of nautilis marina. Where would I park and how do I get around to the cottage. Can I just head out of my marina and zip around mermaid to the cottage? Or is there a specific route?

Thanks

Well Rich...

How about you invite us up for the weekend and we can show ya ??  Just kidding..

Sorry rich..no help from me ...have not ridden that area much except off Beausoliel into Honey Harbour..

Hi all,

Bought a cottage on mermaid last year and just bought a snowmobile. I'd like to go out to the cottage but am inexperienced with sledding in the area. The cottage faces little beausoliel and we boat out of nautilis marina. Where would I park and how do I get around to the cottage. Can I just head out of my marina and zip around mermaid to the cottage? Or is there a specific route?

Thanks

Give Phil a Call at Village Marina. 705 756 2706

His wife Diane is our Club President. They have lots of parking, fuel and Local knowledge of the safest route. I believe you will need to take Rats Portage, he can tell youu how to get there.

Main channel can be dicey.

Good luck.

Welcome to the forum and to the sport.  Hope you have countless hours of fun.

Archived