Palmerston Trails

ALLNYTRO

Went for a good ride on sunday.  Staged at the King Motel in Palmerston right on the trail.  Large parking lot and very sled friendly.  Went inside and talked to the owner of the restaurant (who is a sledder and used to sit as a member of the club)  Recently re-vamped the whole place.  Wing nights on Thursdays and live entertainment on some weekends.  Really nice people.

As for the ride, it was a little bumpy to start but got better and better the more west and north we went.  Found out the hard way that there isn't any fuel in Hanover despite what some trail signs said.  And the restaurant in Hanover was closed on sundays. 

The water has taken a bit of a toll in the fields though.  Watch out for holes in the middle of some trails.  All in all, a great 135 mile ride, especially for "yellow" trails. 

Hopefully the thaw doesn't last too much longer, cause I"d go back again for sure.

Went for a good ride on sunday.  Staged at the King Motel in Palmerston right on the trail.  Large parking lot and very sled friendly.  Went inside and talked to the owner of the restaurant (who is a sledder and used to sit as a member of the club)  Recently re-vamped the whole place.  Wing nights on Thursdays and live entertainment on some weekends.  Really nice people.

As for the ride, it was a little bumpy to start but got better and better the more west and north we went.  Found out the hard way that there isn't any fuel in Hanover despite what some trail signs said.  And the restaurant in Hanover was closed on sundays. 

The water has taken a bit of a toll in the fields though.  Watch out for holes in the middle of some trails.  All in all, a great 135 mile ride, especially for "yellow" trails. 

Hopefully the thaw doesn't last too much longer, cause I"d go back again for sure.

Not sure if they are still open but we used to (couple of winters ago) get an awesome breakfast at lunch time at the airport in Hanover on Sundays. Trail went right around the airport and you could ride right in to the terminal/restaurant. You could ride the road/ditch east of the airport to gas on the highway north out of Hanover.

I live a block away from the king, Yes the wings are good! I'm waiting for more snow before I head back out on the trails.

Archived