district 1 - iroquois - iroquois motel

slomo

The Iroquois Motel provides good trail access to the southern part of the District 1 trails. The trail runs right through the establishment.

post-19713-0-61898300-1388398223_thumb.j

Parking lot is fairly large, although for larger trailers, you may have to disconnect to park out of the way.

post-19713-0-97505000-1388398225_thumb.j

Gas is available nearby, as is a convenience store. Most of the restaurants are located in Morrisburg, about 15 minutes up the road to the east on County Road 2.

post-19713-0-05268300-1388398228_thumb.j

Dark wall coverings, dark floor and dark furniture don't make an initial good impression of the rooms, but there is lots of room, includes fridge, microwave, very fast wifi, basic television selection, and room is very clean. Smoking and non-smoking available.

Cost for one person, one night $65.00 plus tax. I was able to check in at noon - as opposed to other places who insist on 3 pm or later, so got half a day of sledding in without any sit around time. Ask for this in advance.

post-19713-0-23602800-1388398230_thumb.j

post-19713-0-29229900-1388398232_thumb.j

Motel is somewhat dated - who can remember seeing these during motel stays in the '60s? Kind of charming actually....

post-19713-0-71805800-1388398234_thumb.j

Towels are a bit thin, and bring your own hair dryers Yamaha people.

The motel has no website or facebook page. Contact number is 613-652-4176. I think it is a good bargain with most basic needs supplied if you come fairly well equipped yourself. Comparable to the Auberge Country Inn in New Liskeard.

Sledding wise.....from this location you have to pass over the 401 to access the rest of the trail system, which means some road running on a bridge. You are best advised to use the easterly route to accomplish this which less arduous than crossing all the on/off ramps and the crossing on the westerly approach. Once the closed trail in the upper right is open, this situation might be easier depending on your destination.

post-19713-0-76439500-1388398221_thumb.j

Another thing of which to be aware is not to get lost at the junction of trail 4 - circled in blue. I missed the road running up to this trail and was taken to the westerly 401 crossing by mistake. If you come across a large facility of modern looking barns that smells strongly like horse manure, you have taken the wrong route - turn around and go back.

Hi Jim,

It is Trudy and Ron from the Motel. Thanks for this :) We hope you had a good time and looking forward to seeing you again. We certainly had lots of snow with more coming.

All the best,

Trudy.

613 652 4176

Hi Trudy, is the 877-216-5736 still in use?

Hi Jim,

It is Trudy and Ron from the Motel. Thanks for this :) We hope you had a good time and looking forward to seeing you again. We certainly had lots of snow with more coming.

All the best,

Trudy.

613 652 4176

My pleasure....good area in which to ride and nice to know your motel is sledder friendly! Really appreciated the early start time and conveniences offered as would rather spend the time out on the sled. :-)

No Jim...I am sorry the toll free # is no longer available due to a phone line change but the 613-652-4176 # is still the same...and if no answer....Please leave a message so I can return the call..Looking forward to more sledders riding the Trails!!!

.... bring your own hair dryers Yamaha people.

Hahahahaha. A Yamaha owner's best friend on a cold morning. Being watched by a Ski-doo owner sipping a hot coffee makes the moment so much nicer.

Great report, as usual.

Archived