Shining Tree Trail

3 Bears

Giddy Up, It is nice to hear that you supported Gowganda Lake Camp (a large volunteer for our club). May we suggest the next time you are in the area to support another large volunteer and have lunch at his place..Elk Cabins. The most delicious pizza you have ever tasted and they serve wings as well. If you are a large group, advance notice is appreciated to better serve you. Art and Mavis help the club at the drop of a hat and we are very thankful. So, we want to support all of our volunteers, since all volunteers for our club are tourist outfitters working not only on the trails for you but also in their businesses to accommodate you.

The Eco Center, for one, is government funded entity and secondly, a FREE LOADER of the trails that our volunteers maintain. The Eco Center does not have financial obligations, such as Mortgage and loans. Private tourist outfitters, however, do. Supporting the Eco Center will only discourage the private tourist outfitters who help maintain the trails.

From the Directors of G.E.M. Trail Blazers

Just spoke to groomer operator and the L132 off the C form Sudbury to Shining Tree was groomed last night and the groups I had in at lunch today said it is amazing. The only problem anyone had is the end of the Sudbury trail was alittle rough. Warm today, but going to drop down in temp here for the next few days which will make the trail GREAT. So head on up for lunch at 3 Bears and a gas fill up at Spruce Shilling and of course a free laugh as you fill up.....HAVE A GREAT RIDE

Kelly,

Thanks for the update, headed that way 3/8 and hope to stop for a great lunch and soda along with some good pump side humor at spruce shilling.

max

the end of the Sudbury trail was moguls today , Shining tree stuff was mint , the 206 and 78 around Sportsman also mint , Tucker Hibbert wouldnt like that section today , 107 out of Gowganda was freshly groomed and hot , 400 ks to the sportsman and back

the end of the Sudbury trail was moguls today , Shining tree stuff was mint , the 206 and 78 around Sportsman also mint , Tucker Hibbert wouldnt like that section today , 107 out of Gowganda was freshly groomed and hot , 400 ks to the sportsman and back

Cool MM. Well, I just figured out why you went further north. You are a SMART man!!!! It was raining to day in good ol Muskokie!! Are you planning on running in or near Cochrane during this trip?? thanks for your report, and look forward to more.

Going home tommorrow , 850 Ks of riding and we need a rest , didnt think I would ever say that , had a great time here at Gowganda lake Lodge and the loops we did from here , trails were all groomed up and flat , dont like the sound of rain at home though , maybe Ron and Giselle will adopt me and I can stay

Kelly,

Thanks for the update, headed that way 3/8 and hope to stop for a great lunch and soda along with some good pump side humor at spruce shilling.

max

See you then, got about another 2 inches of fresh snow overnight. Think it might be a longer season this year.........3 years of March 13ish end. Not looking like it this year

See you the, got about another 2 inches of fresh snow overnight. Think it might be a longer season this year.........3 years of March 13ish end. Not looking like it this year

I hope you are right! Would like to get another Ontario trip in after the already scheduled 3/7-3/11 trip. We moved this up because of the other years early end. I am having my best season to date!

Max

Archived