Dropping Tavistock or Stratford ????

Bouwser800r

Thing of dropping in Stratford or Tavistock this weekend, is this area any good Tav is yellow and Strat is green. any idea where we could drop are sleds for the day or so?

Stratford would be the place or even Shakespeare if coming from the east or south east. Rosemarie's in Shakespeare has a lot behind it that I've seen many trailers at. And Stratford I'm sure you could drop at the home hardware or the hotel right beside it. If both of those fail or are busy the Canadian tire across the road has lots of parking and open field beside it to run to the access trail. No more then 2 min from trailer to trail. Didn't ride tavi but while out grooming south of the 7&8 seemed relatively thin compared to the north side. Few plowed fields but trail have a decent base for the snow we have. Haven't seen them since Monday evening

Thanks!!! I was thinking stratford and try to stay on the green trails, gone to head for Michell and then up. Just wondering if there is any good stops,or good route we could take, just gone for the day. Thanks again :-)

Thanks!!! I was thinking stratford and try to stay on the green trails, gone to head for Michell and then up. Just wondering if there is any good stops,or good route we could take, just gone for the day. Thanks again :-)

No snow west of Mitchell. I find milverton Mitchell. Listowel, wingham and Palmerston is

great. Hit and miss inbetween some of these area's. Weselley was brutle last Sunday. Very low snow. Some of the yellow trails are better then the green, since they are less traffic. Good luck. Do loop from Stratford to Mitchell to listowel to milverton and back to Stratford. Very easy self guided tour.

I think I'm going to run around Mitchell again tomorrow. Trails were sweet Saturday. Best trails in years I thought. Best snow - Seaforth - Wingham-Brussels-Mitchell. As I went east, snow got thin, down to Exeter trails get thin also. Tomorrow I will drop either at St Marys or Mitchell and run from there. I see Exeter is yellow again so they must have been getting snow the last day or so. Wife is out that way today so I'll have to find out what the snow is like. That little coffee shop in Brussels kitty corner to the Esso makes a great sandwich and coffee so if you plan well you can stop for fuel and lunch. Solo day for me so if anyone see's an old guy walking, give him a lift lol!

yup, west of mitchell sucks. go north, or nothwest, or even northeast. either way, stay north of hwy 8.and not far west past seaforth i was to brussels, up close to wingham, across to between palmerston and listowel, down to listowel, across to conestoga lake, then back to milverton heading home to mitchell. probably wasn't 500 ft of bad trail anywhere i went today. very nice riding, and almost all groomed.

yup, west of mitchell sucks. go north, or nothwest, or even northeast. either way, stay north of hwy 8.and not far west past seaforth i was to brussels, up close to wingham, across to between palmerston and listowel, down to listowel, across to conestoga lake, then back to milverton heading home to mitchell. probably wasn't 500 ft of bad trail anywhere i went today. very nice riding, and almost all groomed.

X2. Milverton was sweet today.

Milverton trails

They were sweet.

Here are a few pics.

Went towards Stratford bout 15 km north of town and the snow is very thin turned around and headed back mill bank way and things were much better. Pics taken in milverton. Stratford has about half the snow milverton does. Weird winter.

Defiantly have to go north of highway 7 and 8. About 20km north and things are great.

post-21748-0-51508200-1361542505_thumb.jpg

post-21748-0-70129400-1361542855_thumb.jpg

We are planning on dropping in Stratford, looks like it is snowing that way , want to do Strat to Mich and up think its ok?

We are planning on dropping in Stratford, looks like it is snowing that way , want to do Strat to Mich and up think its ok?

It will be ok, just low on snow until you go north west or east abit, definantly rideable. Stratford see's alot of traffic, so it could be rough for abit. It will be fair riding until you get going. They judt don't have the snow that the north has. Can drop in Mitchell at the truck stop on highway 23

too, if it doesn't look good.

right next to the Tim hortons. . Trails are

awesome there.

From Stratford you will be fine. We just opened our trails to open from limited. Been grooming pretty steady since Wednesday working with the blowing snow to get additional snow packed on the trail. Real quick ride north past the airport and across the 19 and trails have been green for a while. I'd advise not to head through the Ellice swamp as its a very rough ride from intersection 218-600. Looks like they have attempted to groom it just no where near the snow they need.

I rode from Mitchell to Seaforth, up to Wingham, back down to Brussells, Atwood to Listowell, back around to Milverton, back over to Moncton and back to Mitchell. Other than some visibility issues and drifting it was a great day.

Trails where great for the 8km I rode, and blew a belt that took out my crank seal and who knows what else, its not good. I will post in help

Archived