39th Bonnchere Cup Snowmobile Races

old sledhead

http://www.bonnecherecup.ca/contact/The Eganville Sno Drifters Club is haveing its 39th ice ovel snowmobile races Feb 22/23/24/2013 .

If you have a need for speed this is were its at.Our 1/2 mile ice ovel is now ready for some of racings bigest names. But if you want to try this yourself there is a trail stock class also.

The track is on the top b101a trail in district 6 . You can ride your sled park on the hill over looking the track and enjoy the day.

I will be there, was supposed to race but could not get my sled ready in time. My buddy is running the single boggie class. I am heading to support him, or laugh but I think that is one in the same.

The club has a first class operation!!!!

Sad to say that the iron man of snowmobile racing will not be at the Bonnchere Cup this year . I was just contacted and told that at yesterdays Race in Valcourt P.Q that # 96 Jacques Villeneuve crashed his champ 440 sled . He suffersd a broken lag and posably a punched lug and was air lifted from the track.

We still expect a very good turn out of champ sleds including last years Bonnchere Cup winner Nick Vansrydock and eagle River world Camp Malcolm Chartier also Sabrina Blachet ( look out guys this girl know how to drive)

Our 1/2 mile ovel is now finished and good is weather in the forcast for next weekend hope some of you can make it to Eganville to see some great racing

Too bad about Jocko. I'm hoping to make it up to Sunday's racing.

The races were a great time. Lots of fantastic people. There were some pretty good tight races and some accidents, nothing too serious from what I can remember, as can be expected. They put on a great event. We rode the trail sleds to the races both days. On Sat. leaving the event the police were on the side of the trail just outside of the main gate. I got $110 ticket as my chin strap was not done up. My fault, I get that, but did not really need the condescending attitude. He then proceeded to ask me 3 times if I had been drinking, I don't drink and ride never have never will, but to ask three times, and the last time he asked he said because I had red cheeks. It was a warm day, I rode with my face shield open. As I said I did not do up the chin strap correctly, I missed the loop, but just the attitude put a damper on the day. As for the races, back to the topic, there was a 17 year old young lady racing, wow what a firecracker. She was absolutely amazing to watch.She was kicking but at the pro level as well. If you have never been it is worth going next year. I will hopefully be racing next year, vintage single.

Let me know what you have , PM me, and how much. I am currently working on a SM 292, but would like to have some more.

Thanks,

Archived