Hi,

I just heard that Haliburton Forest has there own trails. Do we need an additional trail pass on top of our OFSC pass. Also what are the conditions like? Is a day pass worth it? If someone thats been there could share their experience that would be greatly appreciated.

yes you need to buy a pass from the base camp at Haliburton forest believe it is 40$ per day trails are alot of roads. If there is snow they are smooth

Actually..you're looking at $45.00. You do not need to have a valid OFSC pass but must have your sled registered and insured. Beware if you book a spot they now automatically your credit card right away. They used to just take your card info in case you did not show up, but they debit you right away now. There is well over 300 Km's of great trails in there and they limit sleds to a max of 100 per day.

Beware though that there ideas of good to great conditions are not always correct. Always ask here before you book a spot. They do not follow OFSC trail condition ratings. It's great when there are no other trails open. Their trail system is independent of any water crossings and are based on old logging roads so they are very wide and well drained and maintained. They have their own fleet of groomers. There is also some tighter twistie trails and some amazing lookouts where you can see a million miles!

They have fuel on site regular and high octane. There is a decent restaurant at base camp. You can sled all day right till something like 11 or midnight. Fuel closes at 5 though. They often have better trails than local OFSC club trails due to no water issues, high altitude, so they see a little more snow/cold, and there are no grooming challenges like swamps, rocks, ruts, to deal with.

Right now there is decent snow but watch for a lot of ice under the snow as we had snow, rain, more snow and flash freezing.

Haliburton Forest Info

Fred is mostly correct. Cost is $50.00 per day tax in & $10.00 if you have a passenger. I rode it 2 weeks ago and it was very good. I like to ride there once a season, usually my first ride. Unless you go way north it is the first to open and the last to close. We like to stay at Windemere cottages. You can ride right into the forest right from your cottage. Cottages are very close to the forest parking lot. It's size is good for about 2 days of riding and real good for beginner snowmobilers or small kids because the warm up shelters are great for a weather break and there are outhouses at the shelters.

Archived