District 6 - B101A

monte1214

Anyone have any info on it?

Is it RED due to it being linked to Golden lake opening or is closed for the season?

Looking to head up that way in a week or so and was wondering about its status?

Was up there last year, and it was a nice trail.

All help is appreciated!

I can tell you that the Egaville part of the B101a is holding up well from Golden lake to Douglas. From what i understand the Bonn Trae part is still red due to ice conditions on golden lake I would think with the cold weather in the forcast we sould see it go at least yellow soon. The other big problem maybe slider lube as the snow we recieved saturday was lost to rain sunday morrning lakes are now just ice. The good news is we have snow in the forcast. The trail from Killaloe to Deacon along the road is closed for good as M.T.O shut it down because snowmobiles are not allowed travel along the maintained part ( the bridge at Decon) of the road on any Kings hwy and hwy 60 is one.

Just a note to this watch your speed along roadways in this area . The opp have had complaints of sleds speeding on roads and ditches were the trail runs and are now out with radar and charging for speeding, if on the road it goes on your record as it is hwy trafic act not snowmobile act. You could also be looking at a racing charge and lose your sled. I know in the last week we have had a car hit a sled on hwy 60 and a near miss with a sled and child that was walking on a road in our area.

I can tell you that the Egaville part of the B101a is holding up well from Golden lake to Douglas. From what i understand the Bonn Trae part is still red due to ice conditions on golden lake I would think with the cold weather in the forcast we sould see it go at least yellow soon. The other big problem maybe slider lube as the snow we recieved saturday was lost to rain sunday morrning lakes are now just ice. The good news is we have snow in the forcast. The trail from Killaloe to Deacon along the road is closed for good as M.T.O shut it down because snowmobiles are not allowed travel along the maintained part ( the bridge at Decon) of the road on any Kings hwy and hwy 60 is one.

Just a note to this watch your speed along roadways in this area . The opp have had complaints of sleds speeding on roads and ditches were the trail runs and are now out with radar and charging for speeding, if on the road it goes on your record as it is hwy trafic act not snowmobile act. You could also be looking at a racing charge and lose your sled. I know in the last week we have had a car hit a sled on hwy 60 and a near miss with a sled and child that was walking on a road in our area.

Oh boy, that is not good. Glad the child wasn't hit. Come on people let's use common sense. We don't want any trails shut down because of this.

That really sucks the big one!!

A buddy has a place at the trailer park there by the bridge, and it was a good run from there to Killaloe!!

(I think I'm thinking of the same spot?)

Archived