The Ganny

z1turbo

Hi Guys And Gals, I'm back (formely Silver Sdi). Went for the first ride yesterday, started near blackstock and ended up at the Rino. Great food at the Rino ( west side of Rice Lake). The conditions were ok west of 115. The Ganny was probably the worst conditions i rode in my life. I couldn't believe that they were open. If you like brown snow, rocks, boulders then this is the place too be. Don't waste your time and go there, you will be disappointed.

Welcome back!

Also ended our ride yesterday through the Ganny. I agree with your comments but north and West were acceptable for early January. We left the 35/115 parking lot and headed to the Long Sault Club House. What a wonderful Club House. From there up to the Port Parry Club House. Also a very nice Club House. Conditions on this portion were fine. Back to Hwy 35 and north to Bethaney. We met the Groomer, but he was really just leveling the little snow they had. Great the this club to even had their Groomer out. Great lunch at "Heven on 7" just west of the trail on hwy 7. South to the Ganny and back to 35/115. I guess everyone that went through the Ganny saw the touched truck? My son thought it was a newer F150. I could barely tell is was a truck. Only the hard steel remaing.

All-in-all a decent day. I'm sure I will be wishing we had similar conditions next weekend from the current weather forecast.

Thursday when I was out I noticed the further west of Campbellford I got on E108 the less and less snow there was. Got with in 10km of the Northumbland Forest before I turned around as snow cover was very light.

With the rain falling right now, I'm sure that area will get closed by mid week until some more snow hits.

it looked like a new f150 by the taillight. I'm still trying to find out about the crash that happened. When we were packing up at the 115/35 3 ambulances and a firetruck went in.

That's not good!

I am very surprise that the Ganny is still open, it must be mud by now

you might need glasses to read the last comment, opps!

you might need glasses to read the last comment, opps!

Nope, I've had laser correction :)

But I bet its closed shortly.

I am glad they closed all trails in southern ontario. Hope we dont loose too much snow, but i have a feeling we are going to start all over on monday.

i hope you right .I will be taking lots of holidays if it freezes up to make up for the bad start to the season.

Archived