Touring the East

XTC500

Well it's that time of year to plan the February trip. We usually do the northern corridor or north western Quebec. Looking for some new ground to cover, & noticing that Eastern Ontario ground has the most snow cover so far, we thought we might do a tour in the east. We'd likely start somewhere north of Belleville. Maybe Tweed or somewhere we can access the trail & leave our tucks & trailers for a few days. I'd like to head north towards Pembrook then loop south/east & eventually back to the starting point over 4 - 4 1/2 days. My main question at this time for planning purposes is how many km/day? We usually target 300-350km/day in the far north, but that's easy when the trails have lots of straight & flat. At least a couple of us have office arms and are 50 yrs+, so I want to be realistic with our daily planning. Any help would be appreciated. I'll have more questions later when I get into the details eg. lodgings & gas. Thanks in advance.

I would be shooting for about 200+. Your trravel speed isn't going to be nealry as fast and more roads and stops etc. Eastern Ontario is more open farm land so you get abit more up there. I have rode some of that are but not eastern ON. And office arms dont help. enjoy

Tweed is a very sled friendly little town, but I'm not sure where you can park for a few days. I'm sure there is a place, just never seen it.

Other option is to head 10mins further east to Kaladar. Right at hwy 7&41 there is a gas/truck stop with a good sized lot and their is aways a pile of trucks and trailers parked there. E108 is about 50 yards away and E101 runs across the street.

We usually travel up #41 from Kaladar once a year in the summer to visit family in Foresters Falls. It's beautiful country & that's why I'd like to try it on the sled. I thought maybe the Park Place Motel in Tweed might let you park the trailer. It's nothing special for accommodations, but it would do. It was a lot nicer a few years ago when run by the previous owner.

Thanks for the mileage recommendation Martin.

Archived