Creemore, Stayner, Wasaga, etc. Conditions

gtowe

The M.O.S.T. trails in the Creemore, Stayner, Wasaga, etc. area have been displayed as Limited for the last couple of days. Has anyone ridden there yet who can comment on the trail conditions? This may be an option for me on Saturday. It looks like there is enough open and connected for a good ride.

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?

I drove through there yesterday, things look really good from the road. Maybe a few thin spots on fields. Better the closer you get to the lake. I'll be heading back that way tomorrow :drool-1:

More trails have opened since the initial post. I think I will try the area tomorrow. Hopefully the wind hasn't blown the snow too thin in places. I will update on what I find.

More trails have opened since the initial post. I think I will try the area tomorrow. Hopefully the wind hasn't blown the snow too thin in places. I will update on what I find.

nothing wrong with windswept fields after pre grooming, it sticks to the trail and builds the base. The more drifting you encounter on the road, the better the trails are getting.

Looks like the trail cuts right through Stayner. Any one know of a good spot for lunch?

Go a bit farther west to Singhampton on county road 124. Mylar and Lorettas is a great spot for lunch and the trail runs through their parking lot.

You're right. Mylar and Lorettas was a great place on Saturday. Lots of sledders there but they have lots of seating so there was no wait. Good food, good service.

We rode from Mansfield up past Singhampton and back on Saturday. Overall a good day. Conditions were much better north and west of Creemore than they were south of there. It was OK going up in the morning but conditions were poor returning in the afternoon. Hopefully the snow yesterday has improved things. In the good areas northwest of Creemore, the field trails had some fun snow drifts.

Archived