Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BenderXF

Mckay rd. 400 crossing

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have any info or heard anything about the 400 bridge crossing at Mckay road in innisfil? Clearly the bridge is gone, and wont be back until 2017 sometime. The ITG still shows the same crossing is available? I just wonder where it will cross or if we may be in trouble of losing that East/West connection this year??? Hope not.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to look at the new D4 Map for the area. I doesn't look good for this year. Contact the
Bonsecour Track & Trail Snowmobile Club.

bonsecour@rogers.com

 

I was going to say try District 4 but the Bonsecour Club is no longer listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonsecour is working with the District 8 clubs this year.

The bridge will not be available this season.

The printed D4 map shows very little projected trails in Bonsecours area. One large land owner with many separate properties is still having issues with Bill 100. The club is still working with him. Should he come around, there will be trails east of the 400 but there will be no connection to the west side. Without him, no trails at all east of the 400!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the replies guys, that isn't great news at all, I guess just hope the lake freezes so I can still leave from the house. Is there a digital copy of the D4 map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the 2017 map for Innisfil that I picked up from the Travel Centre in Barrie today. There is a short section of rail line between thirteen and Cookstown but nothing east of the 400 to Lake Simcoe.

 

IMG_1563.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I assume the trail you are talking about is the one coloured pink. There must be a good reason the club would bother with that trail that appears to connect to no other trail. Could it be so that sledders from Thornton can get to Timmies in Cookstown (or the liquor store LOL)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 3:31 PM, Reved said:

Here is the 2017 map for Innisfil that I picked up from the Travel Centre in Barrie today. There is a short section of rail line between thirteen and Cookstown but nothing east of the 400 to Lake Simcoe.

 

IMG_1563.JPG

thanks for the map, that is quite a shame that all the trails East of the 400 are gone, as well as the connection from Thornton to the section connecting to BArrie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:35 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

 I assume the trail you are talking about is the one coloured pink. There must be a good reason the club would bother with that trail that appears to connect to no other trail. Could it be so that sledders from Thornton can get to Timmies in Cookstown (or the liquor store LOL)

No No lol, I'm not sure why they would keep that trail other than to not lose it for the future when the Mackay Rd bridge is back??. There used to me trails connecting Gilford and Alcona to Thornton, which then connected to Barrie. Was a highly travelled connection for a lot of Sledders. Now I have to Hope the lake is frozen to leave from my backyard like I used to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope to get an update tonight, but it looks like Bonsecour has settled the landowner issue. Trails east of 400 will open.

West of 400, we will not be able to connect Bonsecour or Alliston to Sno Voyageurs due to landowner, Hwy 90 and municipal issues.

Sux. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news for the trails east of the 400. It's too bad there are no longer any trails to head south of Hwy 90. 

 

Here are the Sno Voyageur trails that will no longer be on the map for this year.

The 420 and 421 in the Horseshoe Valley area are gone.

The 411 that ran west of the B103 down to Hwy 90 and joined the 502 and 425.

Also a section of the B103 between Miller Drive and Anne Street have been lost.

 

I do not believe the B103 or the 425 in D4 will be running up to 90 any longer.

This means the C trail south of the B is a dead end. :(

 

 

 

Screen Shot.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Reved said:

Good news for the trails east of the 400. It's too bad there are no longer any trails to head south of Hwy 90. 

 

Here are the Sno Voyageur trails that will no longer be on the map for this year.

The 420 and 421 in the Horseshoe Valley area are gone.

The 411 that ran west of the B103 down to Hwy 90 and joined the 502 and 425.

Also a section of the B103 between Miller Drive and Anne Street have been lost.

 

I do not believe the B103 or the 425 in D4 will be running up to 90 any longer.

This means the C trail south of the B is a dead end. :(

 

 

 

Screen Shot.png

Reved, I'm going to steal your map to put up on Alliston facebook post for any following our 425 trail closure thread.  Only one way to go from Angus this year and that will require some cold weather first to make it through the swamp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's really too bad, those connections were key for a quick morning ride and I loved that loop around Midhurst. At least the east trails will be open for a quick rip here and there if the lake is not safe. thanks for all the updates everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×