Snowcrest trail#4 to long lake is red?? Why??

extreme600

Hey my fellow snowcrest members. Does anyone know why that is red on the OFSC site? I rode it last week due to seeing the signs when I came across the bridge from the 15 to the 4. I would like to go on it again, but I won't if I am not suppose to. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks in advance.

extreme600, I am wondering exactly the same thing. I would like to try that trail as a way to get from Gravenhurst to Coldwater, but I don't want to because it is still shown as red. I am assuming it is red for a reason?

extreme600, I am wondering exactly the same thing. I would like to try that trail as a way to get from Gravenhurst to Coldwater, but I don't want to because it is still shown as red. I am assuming it is red for a reason?

Crap, if I don't here anything by 9:00a.m. tomorrow I guess I'll scrap that plan. No need to piss anyone off. Damn it anyways.

According to the Club website, Trail 4 is "AVAILABLE"

" From Trail 15 to Hwy 11- LIMITED AVAILABILITY TO Kahshe Lake"

Trail 4 across Matchedash (Long) Lake has not been checked by our volunteers this year. The lake itself is usually very precarious at best, usually has at least 6 inches of slush on top and was not staked last year, the year before, our volunteers barely got the stakes off the lake before the ice went out. Sorry that I don't have better news regarding this trail.

long lake is fine... ive run it atleast 20 times this yr and as recently as yesterday... there has been some land owner issues in the past 2 yrs with the trail..

their is now a painless re-route through bala... though both the old trail and the new re-route seem to be getting used currenlty. im not even sure which is right any more..

long lake is fine... ive run it atleast 20 times this yr and as recently as yesterday... there has been some land owner issues in the past 2 yrs with the trail..

their is now a painless re-route through bala... though both the old trail and the new re-route seem to be getting used currenlty. im not even sure which is right any more..

I rode the new route to Bala yesterday and it is quite nice actually. I like it a lot. Just feels funny not to go through the old cranberry house property.

Archived