Bancroft to Eganville

Can anyone tell me what the run is like from Bancroft over to Eganville via E trail and E-101/102. Never been that way before. Is it trail that requires lots of snow? is it bush trails, or access roads, etc. once you are up into feder trails?

approx. how far/long of a run.

Thanks.

I have not done those trails, so I cannot give you any advice, but I will be at a snowmobile function on Saturday night & will see if anyone has done those trails.

Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Have a group of 8 coming to my cottage mid next week.

It has been a couple of years, they are primarily hilly bush with mix of road. In general a real nice ride. I ran into a logging operation with a long plowed section. Can't predict that. As of today everything is yellow likely due to lack of snow. More coming early this week. YELLOW CAN BE A CRAP SHOOT

If your cottage is in Bancroft, thr ride to Barry's Bay is great on the E109, Note no gas in Combermere

I was talking to a couple people last night & the trails from Eganville to Brancroft are a combination of logging roads & railroad beds. Hope this helps.

That area had some huge snowfall! It might be yellow because they had so much snow there was a lot of deadfall down on the trails..so bad in some areas that I heard they brought in a skidder to help clean up things. I have not personally rode those trails but heard good things.

Great Info.

Thanks Guys.

With all the rain coming early this week, not sure how things will look by thurs or friday.

Figures - everytime it rains it pours, they forecast 20cm of snow, lucky to see 10.

Not much we can do, maybe they get it wrong this time.

E102 from Eganville to Griffith yellow due to late opening because of snow load on trees but that is all good now its just very hard packed untill you get in the hills around griffith . I was told they recieved 4 to 6 inches of snow last week. Our part of the trail is made up of bush trail old roads and some rail bed , it makes for a nice ride . But the Griffith end is mostly forestry road and some of the best riding you can get , very little traffic that way.( don't tell anyone ok) The Griffith club has also reopend a new trail to Denbiegh, I have not had the chance to ride it yet but have seen pics looks very nice.

Thanks old sledhead. Sounds like it would be a nice run.

We are still planning to head up wednesday afternoon. start riding thursday-however the next couple of days will determine if we still go. If theres snow left, it might not stiffen back-up until Friday?

How long of a run from Barry's Bay to Eganville approx. ?

Takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to run from east side of the bay to eganville. You can get gas in golden lake eganville

Breens store about 1/2 way through the e102 between eganville to griffith and in griffith. We recieved about 6 inch of snow yesterday I groomed for 6 hours last night to golden lake trails are realy nice lets hope the weather man is wrong for the rest of the week.

Archived