Auld Reekie is Awesome!

GBR

We just got back from our trip and I wanted to share a great secret with the fellow sledders. Auld Reekie in Gowganda. The rooms are great, the food is unbelieveably good, the hot-tub is outside under a gazeebo (really nice), they have gas, oil, and gasline anti-freeze, and its on the trail. Your room comes with dinner and breakfast.

We were a little late coming in and they held our meals for us. They were great people: Diane and Urst. The hospitality of the place is great.

Highly recommended.

PS: What does Auld Reekie mean? You have to go there and ask Diane what it means.

They did the same for my group when we were very late coming from Elliot Lake and got off track.

They make the place great and the food and accomodations are fantastic!

They have gas and sled themselves! they are a big part of the club up there and made the C trail happen this year.

Highly - Highly recommended!

We ended up here on the weekend during the storm as we couldn't make it to our next stop. This place was like an oasis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awsome food, accomodations and great hosts. I am definately going back any chance I get. Urs, Diane and Reg made us feel like one of their family. I can't say enough good things about this lodge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived