December Weather Graph

SkiDooStu

Hello. I just made up this graph using information I obtained from environment Canada.

This is the monthly mean temperature from the month of December since 1911 up to 2010 in the city of London.

Very interesting results.

For those of you wondering, the mean temperature is calculating taking a daily approach of the high temp plus the low temp for each day of the month...

Looks like the last 20 years have been pretty cold comparatively...

Enjoy!

(And Ya, I know I'm a nerd)

Yo Stu, I think you forgot to attach the graph......... Or I can't see it with Google Chrome.

Stu, I can't see the graph either.

Why this concern about losing the ice cap & global warming/climate change looking @ stats for the last 10 or 20 years? That's just a blip in the life of the planet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_glacial_period

If this glacial period hadn't ended I don't think much of the planet would be inhabited.

Check out the "Little Ice Age" which started about 1000AD peaked about 1600 and is just ending now. Depending on what time period you look at, where you are now may have been in a lake, a tropical rainforest or under a glacier. Thearth stared warming up again 500 years ago. George Bush wasn't even born yet.

Hey I made two posts. The graph is in the other post. Sorry about that.

Looks like the North Atlantic Oscillation is about to take a turn to the negative. That may allow for a high pressure system to setup over Greenland and block in some of the cold air.. Brett Anderson from accuweather says the pattern is about to change. GOOD NEWS.

Check out the "Little Ice Age" which started about 1000AD peaked about 1600 and is just ending now. Depending on what time period you look at, where you are now may have been in a lake, a tropical rainforest or under a glacier. The earth stared warming up again 500 years ago. George Bush wasn't even born yet.

Very true. I've heard the Little Ice Age mentioned as well. Didn't Mike Harris cause it?

Very true. I've heard the Little Ice Age mentioned as well. Didn't Mike Harris cause it?

Ha ha..a good Mike Harris slam..I haven't heard one in ages!

Hey I made two posts. The graph is in the other post. Sorry about that.

Looks like the North Atlantic Oscillation is about to take a turn to the negative. That may allow for a high pressure system to setup over Greenland and block in some of the cold air.. Brett Anderson from accuweather says the pattern is about to change. GOOD NEWS.

SDS.. is that the blocking that we did not have last Winter? I am not sure. Thanks!

Archived