Haliburton Food

Fred Quimby

The Moose bar and grill at Wigamog Inn has now re-opened! This is great news as it is right on HCSA 7 as you come off or head onto Kashagawigamog lake. It is now know as http://www.wildmoosepub.com/. Another option for a meal destination in Haliburton! Also the Wig a mog resort is now open (formerly Wig a mog Inn). I believe they are still doing some construction, but they are getting good reviews on the internet. http://www.wigamogresort.com/index.php. They have sunk a lot of dough into this place and it looks like a good place to stay in the Haliburton area. Might be good for those bringing their wives as there is a full service spa on site!

While the menu at the Wildmoosepub is not extensive it should appeal to sledders. Pub style sandwiches, an array of burgers, fish and chips, wraps, and vegetarian dishes..all around the $10.00 range and a bison burger for about $14.00 bucks. Seems decent. I would suggest to them to add a soup of the day and maybe a couple pasta dishes.

The chinese place right in the village of haliburton is a great place to eat as well. Very easy to get to by snowmobile. Once head lake is frozen (usually the first lake in the area to) you can follow the stake line right into town. I always cut across the lake and get off right onto park street. Then it is the first major intersection on the right. Be careful though since the canal is almost always open. Have to stay pretty far left.

The chinese place right in the village of haliburton is a great place to eat as well. Very easy to get to by snowmobile. Once head lake is frozen (usually the first lake in the area to) you can follow the stake line right into town. I always cut across the lake and get off right onto park street. Then it is the first major intersection on the right. Be careful though since the canal is almost always open. Have to stay pretty far left.

Good to know! I have always passed that place by..don't ask me why? I have also heard it is good and decent prices. In reality any place in Haliburton is easily accessed. That is one good thing Haliburton has over Minden, but..I think the club is working hard to improve access in and out of Minden. They lose so much business to Haliburton and beyond. This is my home turf and I seldom go to Minden anymore.

I have only been into Minden once. Was dying for a tim hortons coffee. I almost got lost after crossing the floating bridge. I should have turned around and went back to hailburton via trail 4. Instead I wanted to do the loop and didn't realize how much road running there was on bobcagen road. It was a mild day and barely any snow left on the side of the road. Won't be doing that again anytime soon. I will have to give the moose a try again. Coming into Minden from 4 south side of town was ok. There wasn't much road running involved.

I have only been into Minden once. Was dying for a tim hortons coffee. I almost got lost after crossing the floating bridge. I should have turned around and went back to hailburton via trail 4. Instead I wanted to do the loop and didn't realize how much road running there was on bobcagen road. It was a mild day and barely any snow left on the side of the road. Won't be doing that again anytime soon. I will have to give the moose a try again. Coming into Minden from 4 south side of town was ok. There wasn't much road running involved.

They are supposed to be improving the route into Minden from Bobcaygeaon Rd. There is a new section of trail before you get to the dump, that runs into Minden behind the fairgrounds. I noticed a hiho out working on the trail from just after the floating bridge through town. It is much needed. The new city council wants to entice people back to Minden..$$$$ needed. Also..Timmies is looking at a location in Haliburton too. A stones throw from the HCSA clubhouse near the Independant grocery store.

Archived