Reverse Wanted for a 1996 Ski Doo Touring E

Izzy

Hi I'm looking to add reverse to my 1996 skidoo Touring E, I understand that I can just replace the chaincase with one from an SE.

Anyone have one?

Thanks

You will need the whole kit though. They are hard to find. Normally the used ones are pretty worn out. Good luck in your search.

Thanks Vip, I assumed I would need more than just the chaincase.

Screwed up the back, and just don't want to wrestle with the sled.

New sled is not in the foreseeable future

• 1 month later...

I'm doing this swap right now on a 1995 Formula STX. You only need to change the outer half of the case and the internals. Very easy to do. But for me the STX has a larger spline size on the drive shaft so the coupler for the reverse gear will not fit. The proper coupler "I think" is not available any more for this to work and is $150!!. My kit came from a 1995 Touring SE and I also got the drive shaft. So I'm going to have to swap it all for it to work on the STX.

Also I know a guy with a complete reverse kit from a 1995 Touring SE for sale. PM me for details.

Fox Kid 263, I sent you a message. Let me know if you got it.

In the subject line I typed W instead of E. Oops!

Izzy

• 2 months later...

Fox kid was wondering if I could get the info on the reverse kit you know is for sale. I found a 94 formula 583 kit, but I don't think it will fit on my 96 touring 380. Let me know if that one would work. Thanks

Archived