Updates on North Bay?

1 RARE T

Go North of North Bay (Temmagami North) or East of North Bay (Mattawa, Duex River). Don't waste your time in the North Bay Area as th snow is minimal and the signage is gone. This area has been an issue for quite some time now (years), something needs to be done. Trails "D" should be closed South to Trout Creek as it is dangerous, 2Km's of dry pavement to run over the overpass in Trout Creek last week.

I was there on Feb 1 and 2nd, we rode from Deep River on the Friday and went across the Mattawa river to North Bay it was awesome until about 25 kms out. The next day we rode the souith way back to Deep River (across Nosbonsing to Bonfield) it was horrible until Bonfield (not enough snow at all). I recommend staying out of North Bay due to lack of snow at this time unless they have received snow since i have been there.

Wow, now I'm really scared. I am driving to North Bay Sunday to begin a RAP tour. Will this trip even be worth trying? The last thng I want to do is to run roads all week...... HELP!

I think you'll be fine as most of Ontario is expecting snow up there but it i will be rain/mixed down here southern Ontario. So it could be better, I hope that makes you feel better.

I would not be too worried, supposed to be mostly snow up here.

Rode another 75 miles today, and the North Bay trails were groomed to perfection, the only place its gets rough is close to town but that is only about 5 miles of rough riding it is impossible to keep them smooth with the amount of traffic they get.

I have not ridden the D south this year but last time I took it there was some road running, not a big deal

I have noticed that the North Bay trails have excellent signage this year, signs and maps and most intersections.

Archived