Parry Sound Trail Conditions??

MXZ Man

I am planning to do some sledding out of Parry Sound to Dunchurch/Rosseau this weekend. Does anyone have any idea how the current trail conditions are? The PSSD has not yet updated the trail conditions. :wtf:

Just got back from my cottage in Magnetawan. If I were you I'd run the Seguin over to the Burks Falls area. Rode 250 kms yesterday of the Almagwin clubs trails. very good esp the 123 and the D, did the whole loop. Wed the 101 was just fair and the trail to Ardbeg was awful. Gave up on going to PT Loring for lunch. Took the 600 up Wawashkesh and cut back to Whitestone on Gords trail, which was ok kinda. The d104 to Sundridge was pretty good and the 706 was pretty good and the 711 from the seguin to Mag was good. Now the grooming sched says the 101 will be groomed thur nite so you might be ok. Ahmic and beaver lake not staked yet but fine to ride, all other lakes staked. Ahmic might be done by now. Going back mon if ahmic not staked i'll call and see if i can give them a hand......cheers

Not sure about actual trail conditions, but as I sit north of Parry Sound - Wabamic area - at time message posted -there is about 5" of new snow since last weekend and more falling. Supposed to continue tomorrow. Driving up from south there were snow ribbons from Gravenhurst north -2- Parry Sound on Hwy 69/400.

According to Cramadog site, (600 trails) club having trouble getting large groomer out on trails due to low snow and are using drags behind sleds.

In Dunahmic 805 is listed on PSSD trail reports as of Feb 8 as closed. Dunahmic has 805 listed as limited as of Feb 5. Probably Grey Owl opening up again.

Probably riding on packed trails with loose snow, but the snow has a really 'sticky' consistency so this might help.

Thanks for all the information!! It will definitely help in making a decision on which route to take. :)

Cheers, and happy sled trails to you. :wavey:

In Dunahmic 805 is listed on PSSD trail reports as of Feb 8 as closed. Dunahmic has 805 listed as limited as of Feb 5. Probably Grey Owl opening up again.

With regards to Dunahmic trail 805 above...was out today (Saturday) and talked to two guys who had come south on it and it was staked and fine. So there you go...

Judging from what I heard from others, trails are not the best yet..I travelled Dunahmic 804 which was just a gem...thanks for the signage in Broadbent! ....then C101 south which was very mogully. Soft ground, low snow, high temperatures and plenty of traffic.....Seguin in pretty good shape. Did a few other little tours on the way to Jolly Roger and Poker ticket, most in reasonable shape. (snow coming down too hard to take pictures.)

A few washouts but 2 sledders had an 'oh-oh' moment coming around the curve at this one:

Archived