Ride around Lake Simcoe

apeXMAN

We were going to ride around Simcoe tomorrow and does anyone have info on the ice from Beaverton to Lagoon City (east side of lake).We are taking trails for the rest of the trip.We will start from Uxbridge.Any other help would be helpfull.

We were going to ride around Simcoe tomorrow and does anyone have info on the ice from Beaverton to Lagoon City (east side of lake).We are taking trails for the rest of the trip.We will start from Uxbridge.Any other help would be helpfull.

I was thinking of trying this trip as well, but was going to take the Carden trails and cross the lake at Sutton. I know OntarioF7 and ceyhoopers have ridden the ice from Pefferlaw to Beaverton and, I think, Lagoon City. Hopefully they will jump in here. Hope you post pics after your trip.

** ALWAYS USE CAUTION ON THE LAKES **

Last weekend on Lake SImcoe I went from beaverton to orillia, and orillia back to beaverton. Then the next day, beaverton towards pefferlaw and over to innisfil between the islands. There was many slushy spots, watch where you are going and i wouldn't be taking someone who does not like ice or cannot pin it to get through slush spots if needed. There were a few pressure cracks, nothing too dangerous to worry about. But overall it was safe enough to ride in those areas. Beaverton to lagoon city should be fine.

** ALWAYS USE CAUTION ON THE LAKES **

I just got in from a ride to Beaverton ,the trail up there was nice but I went out on the lake for a rip and I think we will be fine up the lake to lagoon city as you said.There is lots of traffic and huts.

Archived