Trail conditions North Bat to Temmagami?????

Bushpig

If anyone has done this ride as of late? I would definetly like to hear your opinions of the conditions. Is lake Temmagami staked??? We are going up in a few days to ride Burks falls - Temmagami - French river - Burks falls. Wondering if we should cancel or not. Any info would be appreciated.

Bushy

I would stay away from the fench river area. Apparantly the c trail that runs from cedar village and up over the bridges and north to the pickeral river and up is unridable due to lots of un frozen swamps. As a result no grooming on that trail. Same goes for the burk-falls area. Some water ways are slusy and un-frozen. I even know northbay up to timmins is low on snow. Some people rode from kirkland lake to timmins and stated timmins is really low on snow and they went over to chapleau and the conditions were way better. You really have to go to cochrane to find good trails at the moment, all the regions below cochrane recieved lots of rain last week and is going to rain again by tuesday.

I just finished a loop from North Bay to Mattawa then from Mattawa to Redbridge and back to North Bay. All I have to say is that the trails were awesome. There was not alot of traffic. There is at least foot or more of snow in the Mattawa area then Sturgeon Falls and Sudbury.

I met up with some guys heading to Deep Diver and off to Pembroke and they came up from the Huntsville. They said that North Bay and Mattawa had more snow then Huntsville.

Cheers

Tim

I would suggest calling some of the motels etc. in the north bay area . The will give you their current conditions. Most places are pretty honest as they want you to come back. As for the above post about the timmins area having no snow that is not really correct. I am about 1 hour southwest of Kirkland and a few hours south of timmins and this is what our trails looked like today.

Thanks for the replay. Is that the C trail north of Gogoma? Usually I call three or four places in an area. One time I had a motel owner lie to me, since they just wanted to fill their rooms. They recently took over and needed the cash.You are right most places are honest, especially the ones that have been in buisness for awhile. Lucky I found out from an honest owner in the same town that conditons weren't favourable. Always nice to hear it from a snowmobiler and someone that knows what the trails are like. Since sometimes there can be high banks in town, but low snow levels on the trails.

Keep us updated!

Thanks Steve

Archived