Almaguin area riding - March 3-4

tedcuthbert

Well, looking at the forcast, think I'm going to head up to the cottage the next couple days & get some riding in. I need to add to the dismal 270 miles I've put on so far this season. Looks like I'm heading up alone, so if anyone's in the area (I'm just south of Sundridge) & wants to hook up for a ride. Give me cell a call. No email up there but I'll report conditions when I'm back Thurs night.

Ted

9o5 33o 8514

Well, looking at the forcast, think I'm going to head up to the cottage the next couple days & get some riding in. I need to add to the dismal 270 miles I've put on so far this season. Looks like I'm heading up alone, so if anyone's in the area (I'm just south of Sundridge) & wants to hook up for a ride. Give me cell a call. No email up there but I'll report conditions when I'm back Thurs night.

Ted

9o5 33o 8514

Trails up here are still in pretty good shape with a good trail base in the Almaguin Highlands. Thank goodness that the ADSC starting grooming beside the road on some of the trails this year...it has certainly made any of the longer stretches of road running better for spring riding. Looking at the forecast for the next couple of weeks - it might be the last "good" weekend of sledding this weekend....so enjoy yourself out there!

:wavey:

Trails are still decent up here. Rode Sundridge-Magnetawan-Sprucedale-Kearney yesterday. Good snow on 98% of the trail, with some bare patches and snirt for the other 2%. Smow is little thin around Magnetawan and south of Kearney. South & west facing raods with sun are bare. Just stopped for lunch & to check emails,now back out for a few hrs (sorry no pics) -3 here at noon today and with cold nights should be good riding this weekend. Might still be Ok in some spots trough next week.

Couple pics from Thursday's ride on the D east of South river & Sundridge, amazing how well the roads hold up when they are not sanded. The D was in much better shape than the D123 East & south east of Sundridge. Would be interested to know how they trails in the area are after the weekend. I'd like to get up next weekend for one last run

post-20285-126792343506.jpg

post-20285-126792344593.jpg

Archived