Orillia to Gravenhurst

mmonti599

Hi - Can anyone provide an approximate estimate on how long it would take to get from Orillia to Gravenurst. I've done it before and recall there is a short cut on some secondary trails that I think only took us an hour or so and the main trail which took us much longer. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi - Can anyone provide an approximate estimate on how long it would take to get from Orillia to Gravenurst. I've done it before and recall there is a short cut on some secondary trails that I think only took us an hour or so and the main trail which took us much longer. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

You've got more than one alternative, that's for sure. The quickest is up the lake as far as the stake line takes you to the north west side of Couchie taking the 204 Lake trail. You'll connect with Snowcrest trail 15 shortly after crossing the Severn and that will take you to just south of the Muskoka Wharf and the C101D trail into town.

Or, take the lake trail about half way up the west side stake line to B105 and a short run up that rail line will take you to the Orillia 204 Land trail. It connects to the 204 lake trail about 7 kilometres in from the lake. You'll then cross the Severn etc as above.

Your other alternative, about double the the time elapsed, is to take the B trail off the east side of Couchie north up to connect to the D trail and follow D to Gravenhurst. It was a little 'skinny' on parts of that route about 10 days ago - last time I was on it - but it is being groomed and is pretty good considering what the club has to work with. A little less than half way, you'll cross the Black River and about 3 km north of that you're suddenly into much more snow. Great from that point on to Gravenhurst.

How long would you estimate the quickest route to take on avg?

Depends on how you ride. Us it usually takes 45 minutes. So look at 45min to 1 1/4. Mainly straight, lakes, roads and little bit of portage which they have groomed quite well this year.

I should add that the 204 lake has a little more road running than either of the other alternatives. A couple of weeks ago it was a little bare. Didn't stop us but I thought you might want to know in advance.

Archived