Trail Report: Midland

Dogan

We spent a couple of nights in Midland for the Family Day weekend along with 6 other families. We went ice fishing, skiing, tubing and also managed to snowmobile a little. All in all, it was a good time.

Like many other places in Ontario, more snow is needed. There was heavy traffic throughout the weekend and by Monday morning, the trails were pretty beat up with icy corners and lot's of snirt. We tried to spend most of our sledding time on the staked ice trails in the area which were well marked and relatively smooth. The remnants of the ice breaker were still visible but well marked. I measured 18" of ice just off Midland where we were ice fishing.

We stayed at the Best Western which worked out well. The place was full and there were sleds everywhere. (this family day weekend has to be good for their economy). They had cranked the heat up in the pool for the weekend which was quite nice for the kids. Our only bad experience of the weekend was Sunday night's dinner at a close-by restaurant where the service was poor and the food was cold. The manager tried to make it right for us which was good but we'll have second thoughts about going to eat there again.

Cheers.

Glad you had a great weekend Dogan, we did as well, we were at the Super 8. If we had known we could have met up with you for a ride.

We did the Midland Harbour as well on Saturday and then Sunday we did Honey Harbor etc and it was awesome except for the 105.

Glad you had a great weekend Dogan, we did as well, we were at the Super 8. If we had known we could have met up with you for a ride.

We did the Midland Harbour as well on Saturday and then Sunday we did Honey Harbor etc and it was awesome except for the 105.

It's unfortunate we don't know better who is where and when even with the forums. I spent the weekend in the same area essentially. I was based out of Port Severn and ran the ice over to Midland a number of times and the trails around Midland Penetang.

It's unfortunate we don't know better who is where and when even with the forums. I spent the weekend in the same area essentially. I was based out of Port Severn and ran the ice over to Midland a number of times and the trails around Midland Penetang.

Can you tell me is it staked from Port Severn to midland or penatang? We were thinking of doing that run this weekend as we figured the lakes should be plenty safe, we haven't done that run in years.

Also does the trail run right up to the super 8? we usually stay at the best western but we are curious about the Supetr 8. Thanks.

Can you tell me is it staked from Port Severn to midland or penatang? We were thinking of doing that run this weekend as we figured the lakes should be plenty safe, we haven't done that run in years.

Also does the trail run right up to the super 8? we usually stay at the best western but we are curious about the Supetr 8. Thanks.

Lake is all staked and yes trail 306 off B trail at Sargents Fuel runs right to the Super 8. WE found the Super 8 to be very accomodating, even if we are friends with the GM. :rotflmao: But the GM was home for the weekend, and the staff was awesome, even at 4am when I wanted tea cause I could not sleep.

Archived