C.R.S.C. and E.O.S.C. trails

MXZoom

This is my first post, but with sad news.

East of Ottawa was hit hard with the rain last monday and the trails are closed. We have the cold -21c today but no snow in the forecast. Man I need to buy a trailer.

Well we have been getting a 1cm here 1cm there, so I suppose we should have enough powder to lubricate and cool are sleds. Trails are going to be icy though. From what I hear if you stay close to Larose forest you can get in a ride finally.

Well we have been getting a 1cm here 1cm there, so I suppose we should have enough powder to lubricate and cool are sleds. Trails are going to be icy though. From what I hear if you stay close to Larose forest you can get in a ride finally.

Good to here there's something for you and thanks for letting us know

Good to here there's something for you and thanks for letting us know

Well Ottawa east has not been bless by the snow god's this year so we have to let them know the trails are good to go.

Trails are groomed from both clubs, hard packed with some icy spots. Ride safe! Get out and have fun.

P.S. I have too see if I can get the title changed from "closed" to open or limited.

So where was every one this weekend? We had the trails all to ourselves, and managed a good 300km.

Started off in Larose forest (great) headed to Limoge then Embrun (limited), the more south we went the less snow there was. So we headed more west to Osgood (good) where the trails were in nice shape, had lunch at the Red Dot and then headed back buy Carlsbad to Navan (good).

So if you want to go, there is good powder for cooling and lubrication.

On a side not Taking long stretches of road between trails you have to look for the snow in ditches so be careful with that.

Pictures Taken today Friday the 12 at 1:30pm

At Saumure road crossing, picture is pointing west this trails heads west through Cumberland forest and to Carlsbad post-21714-126602472804.jpg

Heading east just a little snirt nothing to worry about just before the forest post-21714-126602587578.jpg entering the Larose Forest

post-21714-126602551812.jpg once inside where Carleton and Eastern meetpost-21714-126602579553.jpg I took the road to the trail in Cheney to loop back home good snow in the ditch I was real happy post-21714-126602604714.jpg on the railway bed this starts in Ottawa and goes pass Bourget, I would not head past Bourget though the snow sorta disappears.

post-21714-126602698242.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The trails are looking pretty sad rite now, we need snow bad.

I hate to say it but until it snows looks like it's over.

Yes sir we got the snow last week, I managed to get a short ride in before the rain.

The weather man just was not on are side. All that snow!! and all we can do is watch it melt. :banghead:

Archived