Fresh snow? Sprucedale/Magnetawan/Sundridge/Burks Falls?

DOOIT

I've heard that a "tiny" amount of snow was recieved in some areas. I was really hoping to get up to the cottage this weekend but with most trail reports saying "limited" I'm hesitating... :wtf:

Magnetawan/Spucedale (my local trails) are mostly listed as "open".

Was there some fresh snow recieved in the Sprucedale area? Is it worth the trip this weekend?

I don't want to contribute to deteriorating our trail base... :curse:

Thanks.

I live & work at Pickerel Lake Lodge, by Burk's Falls, near Sprucedale. Yes there was about 1-2" of fresh snow on Tuesday. Being busy with the lodge I don't get out on the trails often enough, but I do ask all of our snowmobiling guests what it's like out there. No complaints. Good base. Groomer was out in the past few days. It got down to -15 to -20ish last night which nicely tightened up the snowpack. It's about -6 here at the lodge now, so no melt at all. According to some of our regular guests who are sledd'n they say it's awesome and that from about South River, down to Bracebridge and over to Magnetawan, even Parry Sound is one of the only places in Ontario worth going.

Here's the weather forecast I use:

Thank-you for the report! Very much appreciated. I was hoping a local would see this... :wavey:

We're over on Bear Lake, and I head towards Burk's Falls often. Always wanted to stop at the Pickerel Lake Lodge... hopefully we can get up your way this weekend! Glad to hear the trails aren't deteriorating that bad... I'll keep an eye on the ofsc site and local club sites and decide tomorrow.

Thanks again!

rode there last 2 days,thanks to Marshall well drilling for letting park in their yard,,,,

PIC09841.jpg

PIC09842.jpg

PIC09829.jpg

PIC09830.jpg

PIC09831.jpg

went over -2- Parry Sound,,

PIC09843.jpg

PIC09845.jpg

et call home,

PIC09846.jpg

PIC09847.jpg

the nice thing about goin to visit WW is with Bruce in the back you are assured an intelligent conversation,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: :poke:

Archived