Coldwater to Maple Valley

02Sled

Thanks to all the sledders I saw traveling north on the 400 that must have gone much further north than me. Port Severn hadn't seen much snow this winter and since my wife was with me I wanted to make sure she enjoyed the ride. Wanted a trail with reasonable conditions. We trailered 5 minutes down the 400 to the Esso at the corner of Hwy 12 and 400. Picked up the C trail there and headed west. There were a very few spots with a bit of snert where the trail was in the open sun but even some of them in the sun were in good shape. The trail was smooth and so very few sleds on the trail - it had been groomed the night before. I guess everyone assumed there wasn't any snow and went elsewhere. When we hit 303 north towards Maple Valley the trail became nice white snow and seemed to be plenty of it. A smooth ride right in to Maple Valley. For a change we didn't have to wait for a seat and got our order quickly. The weekend before was standing room only. The folks have done a great job maintaining the trail under tough conditions. Thanks... Just hope it holds out and the base isn't lost. Pray to the great snow god.

Great to hear you and the Mrs. had an awesome ride.

Archived