"Ambassadors"

revrnd

Reading the "Supertrax, Ambassadors?" thread reminded me of a incident that prompted me to pose a question on another site.

What are your opinions on putting your dealer's name in big graphics on your windshield? Can the sledder's actions reflect on the dealer in question?

We met several BM wannabes running nose to tail on a tight, twisty & hilly section (limited sight lines) of TOP E south of Harcourt. The lead guy's sled was tipped sideways as he cleared a hill. 3 or 4 of the riders had "Acme Powersports Racing" (not the actual name) in large graphics on the windshields.

I wasn't too impressed as this stretch of trail is bulldozed barely 8' wide & has you can't go "up" or "down" the hillside to avoid people that can't stay on their side of the trail.

I basically got flamed because I was attacking a dealership that was run by a bunch of good guys who really knew how to set up Brand X sleds.

All I was saying dealers should be careful as to how their business is represented on the trails. These were not race sleds that the guys were running, just stock sleds.

Interesting question, but the same could be said for the manufacturer. I don't think poorly of Yamaha when I see a Yamaha in the rhubarb. If anything, it sounds like it was a successful advertising campaign. You'll never forget the name of said company now.

But how would "family-oriented" sledder(s) w/ no interest in the racing or performance side of our sport view these guys and/or the dealership?

Archived