French /pickeral river ice conditions

mjack7

Thinkin of heading up to the hunt camp on the pickeral river this weekend. Heard there is 8 to 10" of ice on some of the smaller lakes in the area. How much rain did the area receive the last few days and how much snow is there in the area. 5 hour drive for myself so any input would be much appreciated..

Thanks

I am in Wolsely Bay right now and except for private trails you can't go anywhere, have heard some of the locals out fishing but they say ice is thick in some areas and thin in others. I need to cross a swamp to get to my camp and the first few days was okay, after the 1.5 days of rain I tried but broke threw the ice a few times, there wasn,t much left. The only good news is starting tonite it is supposed to drop back down to bitter cold. Sorry about the bad news, but if it does change for the better I will let you know

Thanks for the heads up. Some major cold that will build consideralle ice over the next few days plus some snow too, so may be good for the weekend. Please do keep me posted. I'm just east of grundy lake on the logging roads off of 522 .

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. Some major cold that will build consideralle ice over the next few days plus some snow too, so may be good for the weekend. Please do keep me posted. I'm just east of grundy lake on the logging roads off of 522 .

Thanks

a couple of use were running the logging roads off 522 up past the bellmont lodge and out to smiths bay.

was a bit slushy in spots but after today (-30) should all be good.

any trail packing you can do on the C105D would get great.

Thanks

a couple of use were running the logging roads off 522 up past the bellmont lodge and out to smiths bay.

was a bit slushy in spots but after today (-30) should all be good.

any trail packing you can do on the C105D would get great.

Know exactly were you were, How much snow is actually on the roads. We have held off our trip into camp for a couple of weeks till there is some more snow. We have about a mile trip through the bush to get to our camp and I think there won't be enough snow yet.

Archived