2005 Yamaha Venture with 40,000 miles

Canuck

Last year, I read an article about the Yamaha rider who put on 12,000 miles in 60 days. Well, he (and the Yammy) are still going strong - 40,000 miles on a 2005 sled.

I'm not thumping the "Yamaha" drum (ok - just a little :) ). What a wonderful accomplishment for rider and sled.

_________________________________________________________________________________

From American Snowmobiler Magazine

Guinness record-setter’s Venture still runs original engine

By Mark Savage

Maine - Somewhere between Frenchville and Van Buren, Maine, marathon man Bob Davis saw his RS Venture's odometer roll from 39,999 miles to 40,000 even. I should know; I was there!

Trumpets, confetti, dancing girls?

No, but we did take a few pictures (as you see here) and the good folks at the Lakeview Restaurant in St. Agatha, Maine, made him a colorful cake (check out that pic too, but don't look too closely at the red snowmobile on top!) for dinner.

Bob and I were out for a couple days of long-distance touring in what outsiders may recognize as Aroostook County, but is known simply as "The County in Maine." Riding shotgun, and to help mark the occasion, was Yamaha's Maine (demo) man, Scott Hanscom. He's not only ADD and ADHD, but also HDTV (inside joke)!

Scott Hanscom and Mark Savage outside the Lakeview Restaurant in Maine.

For several days early this week we cruised the gorgeous northern Maine trails through such spots as Fort Kent, Portage and Eagle Lake. Our rides were super, but it was a blast to see Bob's record-setting Venture roll to yet another milestone.

I mean who do you know who has put 40,000 miles on their sled, and is still running the original engine? (He's on his 24th oil change, Bob tells us.)

In case you missed it, last year Bob set the Guinness World Record for the most miles ridden in a 60-day period. He logged (literally, you should see his book!) 12,163 miles, or 19,574.45 km, in Maine, Quebec and New Brunswick, all documented. That was after he had 22,605 miles on his 2005 RS Venture. Heck, after last season's record run he had 36,033 on it.

So it was an honor to be hanging with the former Marine helicopter pilot as he slipped past 40,000 miles. In fact, he was at 41,100 after our ride ... only another 9,900 miles to go to the big 50! Congrats Bob!

Archived