Campbellford/Sterling area

vanbdan

Hey sledheads,want to first say hello,I'm new to the forum,and into my first year back on a sled.Bought an old '91 Mach 1,and have been through Bob trails with Blue ER,toured the trails a bit up in SudburyJust out around my parents camp,and house.Good to be back in the saddle,and a great forum.Anyway,can anyone tell me if the trails are open around Campbellford/Stirling area ?Would like to get out there ,as I have a little lot there,and would like to run the sled.

Thanks,Van. :mrgreen:

First off welcome to the forum vanbdan. Have not heard about the Campbellford/Stirling area yet but Bewdley and the Ganaraska Forest have opened.

Welcome to the forum, vanbdan! I have family in the Stirling area and will ask what the trails are like ... will post here as soon as I hear anything. Am planning on heading up that way sometime in February ... always looking for a riding partner! :)

I Iive in Trenten. We got lake effect snow on tuesday about 6" that make it rideable down close to the 401 but Campbellford didn't get the same snow so they are a little bare there yet. If you leave from warkworth you can head over to Bewdley on E108. Thats what i'm doing tomorrow.

hey van why don't ya ride to bewdly I'll meet ya at rhinos sometime sunday

Thanks for the welcome crew :woot: Hey Maple when you are going in Feb.let us know.I will see if Blue er will come and join us.Hopefully someone from the area to show us the trails too!Blue er,its a little tough to get from my trailer to Workworth dude,how about when we get some snow! Then were on.I will run right to your place!,but I better call a gas truck to follow me this sled goes through the gas fast!

Van.

Thanks for the welcome crew :woot: Hey Maple when you are going in Feb.let us know.I will see if Blue er will come and join us.Hopefully someone from the area to show us the trails too!Blue er,its a little tough to get from my trailer to Workworth dude,how about when we get some snow! Then were on.I will run right to your place!,but I better call a gas truck to follow me this sled goes through the gas fast!

Van.

No updates from the family about trail conditions (although the trail runs right outside the front of my sister's house, she's not really a sledder :wtf: ). I'll probably be heading up the weekend of February 15th. I'll let you know for sure.

scugog river was open as well in lindsay.

erniesstuff246.jpg

but the lake was in great shape.

erniesstuff254.jpg

not sure but there was 4 sleds coming in range with this shot.

and here's what happens when ditch banging for an hour then jumpimg on the lake with hot clutches

erniesstuff250.jpg

and here's what happens when ditch banging for an hour then jumpimg on the lake with hot clutches

erniesstuff250.jpg

Ouch! :o

I didn't use those excact words..but close enough :curse:

Van.

Hey, vanbdan! My plan is to head up February 15th if the trails are open and head out for a ride on the 16th ... probably leaving out of SpringBrook. Let me know if that works for you ... can also trailer to Stirling or Campbellford.

Today, we ran from Keene down through Campbellford to Hoard's Station, up through Marmora and Eldorado, to Coe Hill and then down through Madoc, back through Stirling and back to Keene. Trails were great, although bumpy in some spots due to heavy traffic. Some very large wet spots running up through Marmora by the mine. The best was south of Madoc to the Stirling/Corbyville junction.

Still looking for someone to ride with next weekend ... any takers?

PS Don't listen to Domino ... I'm not that bad of a rider. I haven't hit his sled in two years. :oops:

Archived