Comments on Collingwood/Singhampton?

OntRider

The OFSC website still lists these trails as "limited". Is there not enough snow?

Also, I thought I read somewhere that there was no longer a trail into the town of Collingwood?

Anybody from the area provide an update? These are some of my favourite trails in Ontario when the snow squall machine has been running full tilt.

Was in Collingwood a few weeks ago. Travelled B trail from Thornbury to Collingwood. Great trail conditions atop the escarpment. There is a trail (207 I think) that goes right into town but it gets a little confusing. Turn left when the trail comes to Mountain road. Tough diagonal road crossing at Mountain Rd and 10th line. Trail is only 1 sled wide in places but we were able to get right into Kelsey's parking lot downtown.

Thanks for the info.

I think I know the route you're talking about, but am curious if the trail going into town on the other side is still open? The OFSC report seems to indicate it does not.

I rode all over that area on Saturday. Left from Penetang to Wasaga Beach, (303, C and B were in great shape)the C trail is closed near Wasaga so you have to detour into town using 602 then across the beach and backup Beck st to the C trail. Unless we get more snow avoid this area...tons of road running...down sidewalks etc. Then we were off to Collingwood (703 great shape, just a little thin through town, 704 first have good, second have is all road running, mud, gravel etc up through the Osler pass...again avoid until fresh snow....a lot of snirt showing everywhere by Saturday afternoon in the fields on the 701 and B111. The forest sections were in great shape but the fieleds were windblown and muddy in many areas....they just need more snow. We stopped at Mylar's & Loretta's in Singhampton for an early dinner....great restaurant. It was off down the B111 and 506/606 to the B109. The trail was holding up well in the forest but the fields were done...there was also multiple detours on roads with closed trails. It is a really nice area but I would only travel it after a fresh dump of snow. We came back up the railline on the C and it held up well during the day with typical thin spots near Perkinsfield.

This area definately needs more snow....we hit fresh groomed trails on the B and part of the C on the way home but there is nothing to groom in many of the fields.

The signage was great with lots of Map/advertiser boards at the trail heads and the town of Wasaga and Collingwood are snowmobile friendly with locals stopping to ask if you need directions.

We avoided the trails on the weekend after the warm-up and it looks like we didn't miss anything. Thanks for the report! With rain forecasted for the next three days, I cannot imagine these trails will be decent again this season :(

Archived