Simcoe ontario where to park and stuff?

2fast4u

I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can park for a day ride next week in the simcoe area and how the trails are? I have never ridden down there and it's only an hour and abit form my place with all the snow and what is suppose to be coming I'm sure it should be good. Any info would be good. Thanks.

The Heart of Ontario trails are still closed (at least those applicable to go around the lake. You will not be able to do a full loop of the lake on the trails at this time. This may change by next week but don't count on it. My suggestion would be to start in Pefferlaw at Johnson's Marina (with permission). Ride the lake from Peff to Lagoon City, jump on MOST 207 and ride into Orillia. From there you can ride all the way to Alcona at the end of B103 and take to lake back into Pefferlaw. You will end up riding the lake at night so if you are at all unfamiliar with the lake don't do this trip. There is lots of snow on the lake that does seem to cover the smaller pressure cracks besides the BIG ones you cannot see at night till its too late.

The Heart of Ontario trails are still closed (at least those applicable to go around the lake. You will not be able to do a full loop of the lake on the trails at this time. This may change by next week but don't count on it. My suggestion would be to start in Pefferlaw at Johnson's Marina (with permission). Ride the lake from Peff to Lagoon City, jump on MOST 207 and ride into Orillia. From there you can ride all the way to Alcona at the end of B103 and take to lake back into Pefferlaw. You will end up riding the lake at night so if you are at all unfamiliar with the lake don't do this trip. There is lots of snow on the lake that does seem to cover the smaller pressure cracks besides the BIG ones you cannot see at night till its too late.

Hey Moose, I think he's talking about the town of Simcoe, not the lake.

Hey 2fast4U I gave some info to ZX500 below in the park in Delhi area below. Have a look and have fun. Going to ride from home to the Dutton/Glencoe/Strathroy area this weekend myself. Cheers

Hey Moose, I think he's talking about the town of Simcoe, not the lake.

My Bad!! :banghead:

Archived