Riding Conditions in Parry Sound district

MarkAIM

Hello All,

Just wanted to provide an update on trail conditions in the Parry Sound Region.. Rode many of the Six Star trails today and they were amazing.. who ever is grooming those trails is doing a great job! Also rode the Sequin trail near the Tim Horton's complex passed the groomer.. trails were perfect! Looks like this coming weekend will be great for riding!

The area received some light fresh snow last night and during the day today which was icing on the cake.. the trail base seemed very good!

I was riding the trails around Mactier last weekend and it was beautiful. A couple rough spots but I'm sure they've been smoothed over by now. Pretty much did every trail in the immediate vicinity and then took a quick boot up to crane lake. Went out after dark on Friday night and was blessed with freshly groomed trails. :)

Thanks for the update guys! It is great news. I hear that the temps are dropping like a rock.

I know that the groomers have been putting in some long hours to get things up and running. I hope that there aren't any equipment problems or breakdowns with this cold weather. I wouldn't want to be the one wrenching a groomer at night in -20 in the middle of the bush. Hats off to the crews that keep things running smooth!

Any rough spots in Six Star have definately been taken care of.. just fantastic!

The Humphrey trail (201) was also perfect... groomers are definately logging big hours and the trail conditions reflect that!

Powder Pounder: I lived in Barrie and went to Georgian for 4 years... lived behind the hospital/college.. I would ride to the Oro Medonte rail bed and start from there. Have a look on the Barrie trail map and you will see the trail on the rail bed.. it may be trail 421 but that could be wrong. It runs all the way from Barrie to Orillia. Hope that helps... awesome trails in the Barrie, Coldwater, Orillia areas if enough snow!

We ended up doing some local stuff & visiting today. We will probably make the trip next wkd. Did anyone else travel that route? (french River) There was more fresh snow than we expected here in Nobel & the trails were amazing!

I took pics but will have to wait until I get back to transfer the images off the camera.

We might head up to Pt Loring in the am or maybe Britt... we'll see.

Archived