Saddle Bag trip in Districts 6, 2 and maybe 1...questions

kennyb

Hi All,

It is time to plan the annual father/son snowmobile trip...for the past 10 years or so we have gone north but wanted to try the eastern part of the province this year. I have been looking at posts to find out places to stay but my biggest question is approx number of kilometers you can travel in a day. Usually be try to plan for 300-350km in the northern areas where there are lots of logging roads etc. In the Muskokas I find about 200km to be a good day. What is a good range for this area for a comfortable days ride planning to get to the evenings lodging around 5pm....leaving around 8am and having a lunch stop?

Thanks,

leave haliburton@ 8 go north on the B to whitney(1hr or so) for breakfast at the shell station.

take the rail line ne through madawaska, now if you want a 300k stay on the B to Pembroke. call and reserve for the best western

a little shorter route is to take the B102 towards barry's bay for lunch and then its 100k south on E109 through lake st.peter and then B106 to Bancroft motor inn.

next day E110 to E north to Harcourt and a leisure trip west on E back to haliburton, i've done each of these routes several times, rode one year from pembroke back to minden in the freezing rain nice day.

kennyb

You will find this area a bit like the muskokas through a lot of the bush trails, there are a few high speed trails, the B trail (Rail bed) heading into Pembroke and the A trail (pipeline) from Pettawawa. Usually it's not a problem to cover 200 to 250 kms in a day of normal riding. Our club (Bonn Trae) is well supported by a local resort the Sands on Golden Lake on trail B101A, nice place to stay.

bmax

Thanks ragefarmer and bmax,

We went over the maps yesterday and it looks like we are going to leave from our cottage in Penetang and head to Haliburton the first day. Then follow ragefarmers route to whitney and west but stay in Eganville....thanks for the recommendation for the Sands on Golden Lake. Day three go south from Egansville and west to Cococonk/Bobcaygeon, then day 4 back to Penetang using B104 to B. I am using the new District 6 map but it is hard to read the km's marked on any of the red trails due to the printing....the blue and green ink shows up much better.

It would be appreciated if anyone thinks one of these legs us too much for 1 day to let me know. I am a little concerned about Egansville to Coboconk.

Thanks,

I see you want to stay in Eganville I would recomend a place called serendipity on the river , they are also supporters of the local club the only problem is it is down town and can be hard to get to if snow conditions are not good. I would also recomend the sands on golden lake they have first classs acomidations and it is on the trail only 5 min from the rail bed on the b101a and only

40 min from Eganville.

Archived