Georgian Cup Snowcross

Faceman

Georgian Cup Snowcross is being held again this year in Owen Sound , weekend of 17-18 of Jan. Attached is some info. I can't see why our trails wouldn't be VG by then

If it's like years past you can sled right into the races . There have signs up starting I believe on the rail line East side directing you in Faceman should know more .

I'm thinking we'll see a map in the SunTimes next week. In years past we ran the tracks to in behind RBW/PPG and then over to 8th Ave East to the race site. This has changed over the years due to resident complaints of sledders on the sidewalks etc. I'll advise next week.

Yeap. Follow the trail to behind RBW/PPG , it will lead behind Heritage Place Mall, to 18th St to 7 Ave E and into the MTO Yard and the Victoria Park site. Trail are goooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

That sounds awesome. I'm looking to plan a day trip on Sunday, ending up at the Snowcross around 3 when the finals get rolling. I was thinking (assuming everything opens up) that we'd shoot for Lion's Head up the B108, stop for some eats and fuel, then come back down the B107, hit the Top B and head over to the park. I've read on other threads that the run from Owen Sound up to Tobermory is a long haul, does my plan to Lion's Head sound doable? We think we'll be departing the Owen Sound area around 9am, if we can find a good place to drop off.

If you want to drop on the westside go to Springmount and drop at the Georgian Bluffs office (just south of lights and right on trail). See if we can track down pvsledhead for thoughts of n/of checkerboard. I think it's certainly doable and with this cold any water should be hardening.

Just talked to Wiarton .......GO for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Eastside(Purple Valley) up is VG, Westside down is OK, getting better as we speak.

Was a great day (other then falling down the grandstand stairs :oops::oops: )

Considering the traffic, the trails were in great shape right up to the parking lot. Boston Pizza also offers 10% off is you sled up as well! A great idea.

We will definitely be back.

Archived