Need a Viper!

mikerx

Hi. I find if you want your viper to handle great stick with single carbides, will turn a hell of alot easier then dual carbides. Yamaha in 03 had a front basis approach on the ski's. What this means is the front of the carbide will touch the cement floor while the rear is off of the ground. In order to correct this you will have to remove your ski rubers and screw in a small peice of hard plastic or old drive belt at the back bottom side of your ski rubbers. You will have to play with your shim height until the rear of the carbides are touching the garage floor and the fronts are off the ground. This will make the viper a dream to handle and much more enjoyable on rutted trails. I threw away my suspension and put in a zx2. What a difference that made, night and day difference. Whole swap was about 1500 canadian. Well worth it and the best part is the proaction will fit back in,if you ever decide to sell the sled. Fox floats are expensive to fabricate for the viper, since they take a front fork instead of an eye outlet. Not worth it. Anyway's just thought I would give you a few tips.

Steve

Hi. I find if you want your viper to handle great stick with single carbides, will turn a hell of alot easier then dual carbides. Yamaha in 03 had a front basis approach on the ski's. What this means is the front of the carbide will touch the cement floor while the rear is off of the ground. In order to correct this you will have to remove your ski rubers and screw in a small peice of hard plastic or old drive belt at the back bottom side of your ski rubbers. You will have to play with your shim height until the rear of the carbides are touching the garage floor and the fronts are off the ground. This will make the viper a dream to handle and much more enjoyable on rutted trails. I threw away my suspension and put in a zx2. What a difference that made, night and day difference. Whole swap was about 1500 canadian. Well worth it and the best part is the proaction will fit back in,if you ever decide to sell the sled. Fox floats are expensive to fabricate for the viper, since they take a front fork instead of an eye outlet. Not worth it. Anyway's just thought I would give you a few tips.

Steve

A few tips ? yeh .......ski tips :wavey:

Thanks for the info!! I already bought the dual carbides. When I switched to duals on the old RX-1 it made a huge difference so I figured I would stick with them. I will (maybe not this season) be getting an SC-3 or 4 skid at some point to put in the Viper. I have heard nothing but good things about that skid and how i makes the Viper handle and ride. I will probably ride it bone stock except for studs and duals this season and start modifing next summer after I'm used to how it handles and takes the bumps as a stock sled. :woot:

Archived