Trail 63 North Bay into Temiscaming Qc.

rockerdan

Can anyone tell me about this section of trail 63 northeast of NB into Qc?  Seems to always be red.

Thanks Gang

Dan

2120744634_ScreenShot2020-02-03at11_05_50AM.png.1f0c9fe5ae2f21fe57229e9cdc3a4d14.png

Edited by rockerdan

Dan;  I've made Temicaming QC the launch point for a few trips over the past few years.  I've been told by locals that that trail 63 is plagued with challenges :

1) The Jocko area is a tough area with creeks and hills and the conditions need to be near perfect to groom 

2) The area just around and including the bridge over the Ottawa River is dry road running with would deter me from crossing on a sled 

I've considered crossing by sled, but the trail never seems to open on  any consistent manner that you can  plan on.  I know from YouTube  vids and DooTalk posts that you have crossed at New Liskard, I wouldn't recommend trying to cross at Temicaming , but you find yourself coming from the other direction Pembroke you can cross at Beachburg Rail Bridge OR at  Rolphton Ont but be careful once on in Quebec .  YOU MUST FILL THE TANK at the local gas station in Rapides des Joachims  and keep an eye on trail #43 conditions if you want to go to Temicaming ( poor signage and no fuel stops ) can make for an uneasy experience 

Thanks guys...

We will just truck over the border and unload on Qc side as usual, riding up to liskeard area for lunch. 

Dan

The bridge over the river is down to 1 lane only. It just fits a transport over it. Temiscaming club cannot fit there groomer across it to do their end of the trail.  Thats why North Bay club decided to not bother, among the usual Jocko river crossing ice issues etc. On our way south today,  even lake crossing at the Rock Pine was looking mushy. I would just trailer to the Esso in Temiscaming and start there if not needing a room for the night..

• Like 2

Stay at the TemRose Hotel/restaurant. 

Very friendly and open late.

Convenient for driving up after a work day, stay the night and leave out on sled in the morning. 

They also have breakfast. Trail is a block from their front door.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mr Fixit said:

Stay at the TemRose Hotel/restaurant. 

Very friendly and open late.

Convenient for driving up after a work day, stay the night and leave out on sled in the morning. 

They also have breakfast. Trail is a block from their front door.

We use the Tem Rose also. Great place, Great owner..