Butler Lake....Matheson A trail?

Grimmer

Heading up tp Cochrane Friday and was hoping to drop off near Butler lake and ride into Cochrane.  A trail shows RED but KL is Limited and Iroquios Falls is Limited up to Cochrane.  Anyone have any info on this?  Much appreciated.  If it's closed all weekend we will just drive up to Cochrane.  

Heres a post from Jackpine Snowmobile Club out of Iroquois Falls. Jackpine is waiting on a river crossing.  Most likely waiting for ice thickness. I also heard from Golden Corridor President that they were still working on the A north from Kirkland Lake, and it may or may not be open before boxing day.. Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20191225-184843_Samsung Internet.jpg

Were you thinking of dropping @ the old truck stop? Not sure if the lot is plowed anymore. I do know in '18 & last season TOP A has been rerouted slightly to cross Hwy 11 south of the place & runs north on the west side of the road allowance before turning northwest into the bush.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Were you thinking of dropping @ the old truck stop? Not sure if the lot is plowed anymore. I do know in '18 & last season TOP A has been rerouted slightly to cross Hwy 11 south of the place & runs north on the west side of the road allowance before turning northwest into the bush.

I am pretty sure its been like that since the truck stop closed.  Did the trail not route thru the parking lot of the old truck stop when it was still open?. 

35 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

I am pretty sure its been like that since the truck stop closed.  Did the trail not route thru the parking lot of the old truck stop when it was still open?. 

You are correct! Road crossing was north of the parking lot.