Polaris rush

Poo Man

Is there anything to watch out for on these sleds besides the usual things when looking at used? Debating picking one up instead of rebuilding my current sled. They seem to be very reasonable, especially the early ones

I went from a SRX to a 2012 800 Rush, it's a bit different because of the fuel injection as opposed to carbs for starters. I was told to get a 2012 or newer when I got mine, the 2010/2011 had something issues as they were first made in 2010.  I'd suggest checking all the seat post welds over very well, I had a piece the needed to be welded to firm it up.  I assume it'll have the clicker shocks( which are great) I'd suggest put them all the way hard then standing on the sled and rocking just a little, then put them all the way to soft or half way and do it again. There should be a very noticeable difference right away.  Mine had an engine light come on pretty soon after I got it (might  say engine DET, can't remember)  wasn't able to test drive as it was August.  But it was the fuel filter setting it off, it's a in line filter and the thing is like 150 bucks from Polaris so just so you know about that. I have a electronic 2012 manual I could send you if you want to see the engine light code stuff if it's the same year(ish) 

Also, this will sound silly, make sure the digital gauge is kms if that what the ad says, it can be changed easily but for total kms or miles on the sled it would obviously make a big difference. 

Overall they are super fun and the engine is great, some have piston issues but if it's got like 5000kms on it then it'll be good. No more or less work than any other used sled. 

Archived