HEY WILD BILL

blackjack

I was at my cottage in Magnetawan Monday to Thursday. Quite a few of the trails were great, roads not, but if you can hook up lakes and trails that snow on Tuesday was great. Monday rode the 101 south to the seguin, lakes were icy and some snow, but ok. 101 had lots of snow even then, just a couple of rocks and a small bit of snirt, but had not been groomed for quite awhile. Tue it started snowing, boy did it snow, 101 better with the snow, seguin all the way to the info centre was great. Back to Sprucedale, just getting better all the way. D going south looking beauty, over to burks the seguin again great. North in the late afternoon on the 711 was 5 in of fresh snow over a unridden fresh groomed trail. Oh Boy !!!! Now Wed was even better, snow on the roads so no prob in the morning, down the 711 to Sprucedale, I'm the only tracks in the several inches on snow. Then down the D all the way to Sydneys for lunch, even more snow south of the seguin, first half hour or so I'm still the only one, a foot of snow and big drifts to surf through....weeehoooo. Finally meet a few folks but it was amazing riding. Had a great lunch and went back north, still not many tracks and lots of snow to play with. Back up the 101, 6 in of snow helps it's rough but fun to play in. Tried for Dunchurch but the trail going west is real bad, the big hill is a mess and the road has lost it snow allready by 4 pm. Turned around to go back down the hill and there is a small sign saying trail closed.....well I just came that way and I'm going home. 104 from the top of 101 to Ahmic not bad and the big run down the lake to my place i did 250 kms on wed and it was fing great. Thur just have a half day so a fast blast around town on the 104, it's real good, cross cecebe and down the 711 past the Ski-Whiz, trail was still in great shape. Get to the seguin and is is fresh groomed perfect, had to blast over to Burks just because. Then the heartbreak of seeing the D going south also fresh groomed without a single track on it!!! Still had to get back to the cottage, one last wave as I pass the Ski-Whiz and back to the cottage to pack up. 110 kms and back at 10.00am, better than breakfast. Thats my sledding season for this year, but if you don't give a damn about your carbides, you can still ride I reckon this weekend. Especially if you can do lakes and trails and use the seguin , seems more south south of it than north. My carbides are shot but I got in 3750 kms this season just riding from my cottage so I'm happy.

thanks for the report philthy, and do you do much organized trail riding on your enduro, would be interested in coming up this summer and riding some organized events. BLACKJACK :wavey: P.S. how much road running is invovled Burks falls to ParrySound, thanks.

Depending on where you start in Burks Falls there could be quite a bit. Through town on D123 would be brutal. Also D123 south through Doe Lake and down Star Rd (if I remember the name right) which is the newer section of D123 that heads toward the trail along the old 11 will also be nasty. That's the worst that I can think of. If you can start D123 on the North side of town and head towards Kearney then on to the Top D and Seguin towards Parry Sound from there shouldn't be to bad.

From the Almaguin Club Website:

Thursday March 27th 2008 3pm Up-Date

ACTUAL TRAIL CONDITIONS

Trails are open and groomed and in great condition. Come sledding for another great weekend it may be the last. Most resorts are still open with rooms available. The following trails are closed, West Part of ADSC 304,

ADSC 305 closed on the North end from Skyline Drive to Chetwynd Road

Archived