Northern Loop - conditions?

Another Phase

A group of us are heading up for our annual late season wrap up tour. We will likely be starting somewhere between Earlton and Kirkland Lake, depending on conditions. We'll be running through Chapleau, Dubreuilville, Hearst, Cochrane, and back to our starting point. We will be starting on Wed. the 26th and riding through Sat. the 29th.

I have been following the posts by G.G. and Big Reg regarding trail re-routes and closures. I would appreciate any info anyone could offer on other trouble spots we may have to watch out for. Does anyone know the conditions we can expect to find coming into Missanabie from Chapleau along the section where you have to run the highway? Will there be any snow to run on along the side of the road? Has anyone broken the old trail through this season (even if it is rough, it may be better than running bare road)? I called Ernie's today, but got no answer. I have also e-mailed Ernie using an address I found on an '05/'06 map. No reply as yet.

I am anticipating good conditions for the most part, with just a few bad parts. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cochrane conditions are in great shape.Spoke to the V.P of our club yesterday and he says we will be grooming the trails here until the first week of April so you should be good to go around here.We had a group come from New Liskeard last night and they said the trails were in good shape from there.

Archived