What a CRAPPY Weekend

1ski warrior

I have looked into some of the field camera's as well as security cameras. Some of them are pretty amazing. You can monitor them through a smart phone. It will even send you e-mail warnings for unwanted guests or movement. Video and picture recording with wireless transmitting and hard drive storage capabilities. Prices start from about $89 to $2-3000 from what I have seen but I am sure you could go even more in depth in you wanted to and spend some really big coin.

Fred have you used any particular models and can you suggest which might be good? Thanks,

Bryan the break in took place in the Parry Sound area (just south). Unsure yet of how they came up (from the lake or the driveway). It must be someone local as we are over 16 km's off the highway. Police were guessing that they came from the lake as our driveway has a locked gate and about 400 feet to carry gear.

FreezerBurnt, I'm all for karma and hoping the thieves that stole from us get theirs, but that is a sad story from your area. I don't wish for them to get hurt but to learn their lesson and have to serve some time and repay the people they have put out. Why should the victim have insurance rates go up for some other person's ignorance. Not fair that the victim has to go through all the trouble of fixing property and searching for bills/receipts and show proof of what they have. It is a lot of work because of some idiot(s).

I have looked into some of the field camera's as well as security cameras. Some of them are pretty amazing. You can monitor them through a smart phone. It will even send you e-mail warnings for unwanted guests or movement. Video and picture recording with wireless transmitting and hard drive storage capabilities. Prices start from about $89 to $2-3000 from what I have seen but I am sure you could go even more in depth in you wanted to and spend some really big coin.

Fred have you used any particular models and can you suggest which might be good? Thanks,

Bryan the break in took place in the Parry Sound area (just south). Unsure yet of how they came up (from the lake or the driveway). It must be someone local as we are over 16 km's off the highway. Police were guessing that they came from the lake as our driveway has a locked gate and about 400 feet to carry gear.

FreezerBurnt, I'm all for karma and hoping the thieves that stole from us get theirs, but that is a sad story from your area. I don't wish for them to get hurt but to learn their lesson and have to serve some time and repay the people they have put out. Why should the victim have insurance rates go up for some other person's ignorance. Not fair that the victim has to go through all the trouble of fixing property and searching for bills/receipts and show proof of what they have. It is a lot of work because of some idiot(s).

We have been looking for the field cameras that go to a smart phone . Where did you find them? Please give me a call at 1-800-344-6620

Like your idea of the camera. Any recommendations on model and where to get one at a decent price? Thx

Bought mine as Bass Pro...happened to be in the area when I thought of it. I did buy a really good one. Bushnell Max HT I believe is the model. 8.0 megapixel with a good quality sd card. Runs forever on battery power in any conditions! Night vision, takes a ridiculous amount of stills and very good quality. I have mine set up in a tree so well hidden you would not know where it is unless I pointed it put to you. I can capture any person, or vehicle coming or going and down to the resolution of the license plate.

Once a month I swap out the sd card and download the images of whatever is on there. It's amazing what you see!

This was the easiest option I could think of for setting up a camera. I had a web based cam before but it did not hold up in extreme cold.

Archived