Help a new sledder plan their trip!

wikdslo

Hi everyone.

To begin: I don't own my own sled, just renting for a day, but used to sled a lot as a kid, but since moving to Toronto have not had the $$$ or the facilities to justify owning one.

It is something I am looking to acquire in the near future though!

The trip: I am renting from Power Sport Sales and Rentals in Barrie, which I'm told is right near trail #203. I was wondering how hard it would be for me to get from their location to Creemore and back in a day?

I know driving a car is about an hour doing 80 km/h the whole way, and is a bit more of a direct route. Excuse my ignorance but I really have no idea what kind of travel time I'd be looking at for a trip like that.

Anyone make any suggestions if this is even feasable? Or if I'd be better off going somewhere else?

I suggest Creemore because I have a cousin there, which I could stop in and have a quick bite then head back.

The rental is from 9am to 5pm this Sunday.

Thanks!

You are closer to Orillia then Barrie, so the distance is about an 1 1/2 by trail to Barrie by the 203 and B. That is for an experienced rider. Barrie to Cremoree is about another 1 1/2 to 2 hours, again for an experienced rider who knows where they are going with no problems.

Are you riding alone or with a first time rider? It would be better to ride with someone else for your first time back out. Getting stuck alone can be a real pain, never mind for an inexperienced rider. I would suggest an easier ride for the first ride.

You are closer to Orillia then Barrie, so the distance is about an 1 1/2 by trail to Barrie by the 203 and B. That is for an experienced rider. Barrie to Cremoree is about another 1 1/2 to 2 hours, again for an experienced rider who knows where they are going with no problems.

Are you riding alone or with a first time rider? It would be better to ride with someone else for your first time back out. Getting stuck alone can be a real pain, never mind for an inexperienced rider. I would suggest an easier ride for the first ride.

It's just myself and the gf. No other people to ride with, and she has never driven a sled at all.

I DO have a gps, although it is more of a city street GPS, it will at least help me in case anything serious were to happen (like getting completely lost)

I plan on sticking to the main trails, and will have a trail map handy along with a cell phone.

But otherwise, anyone care to suggest a better trip to take? I'd like something that will take up most of the day and have some fast parts and some slow parts, and nice scenery, no water!

Archived