Heads up -hidden hazards

marximuus

If riding B109 between Mulmur 15 and 17 side road along the 4 concession be extra cautious and ride the groomed portion of trail.

I was in a party of five running through there Wednesday night and my friend caught a 2 foot rock off his a-arm. It appears the rock was picked up in the drag along a fence line and dropped along with a concealing pile of snow about 800 feet up the trial. We rolled the rock off to the side but had nothing to mark it with. The rock is off the trail now but the snow is a little deep (open field) and may not be visible with any amount of drifting. I'll be in touch with the Shelburne club first thing Thursday to report the accident and alert them to the hazard. Rider and sled are not in great shape at the moment.

If riding B109 between Mulmur 15 and 17 side road along the 4 concession be extra cautious and ride the groomed portion of trail.

I was in a party of five running through there Wednesday night and my friend caught a 2 foot rock off his a-arm. It appears the rock was picked up in the drag along a fence line and dropped along with a concealing pile of snow about 800 feet up the trial. We rolled the rock off to the side but had nothing to mark it with. The rock is off the trail now but the snow is a little deep (open field) and may not be visible with any amount of drifting. I'll be in touch with the Shelburne club first thing Thursday to report the accident and alert them to the hazard. Rider and sled are not in great shape at the moment.

Thanks for the information. I hope your friend is, or at least will shortly be, OK. Sorry for the sled damage though.

Thanks for the information. I hope your friend is, or at least will shortly be, OK. Sorry for the sled damage though.

Thanks SJ, he ended up with a mild concusion and I am sure some various sore muscles yet to identifiy themselves. XP chassis' don't like front end impacts much though.

the trail is closed between concession road 4 and side road 10 on the B111,,the sign from the north was sketchy,not anymore though,,, :right_on::right_on: ,the one from the south was good,,, :right_on:

there is a detour,follow the road to the fresh tracks in the field,going south,reverse for northbound,,,, :right_on:

Archived